Chapter Nine

Kara woke up. She was in her bed, still in her suit. She sat up and rubbed her head. Tony was standing at the doorway. She fell back down on her bed.

"Kara, what the hell were you thinking! Peter told happy what happened." Tony  said. He walked to Kara's bed and sat down.

"I'm fine. It wasn't kryptonite." Kara them jumped out of her bed and walked to her closet. 

"Kara it was alien technology. You know alien weapons can kill you!" Tony was getting frustrated. Kara walked out of her closet dressed and ready for school.

"Dad, I know. Maybe you should start worrying about your job because it didn't stop you before-"

"Kara Zor-el Stark! You know dam well I worked hard to keep a roof over your head!" Tony fired back at Kara.

"Your a billionaire!  You could keep a roof over my head if you just once took time off too spend time with me!"

"Well if I knew raising a teenage girl would be so hard maybe I wouldn't have taken you in!"  Tony realized  what he just said. "Kara, I didn't mean...."

"You know what. Fine, I'll leave. Never come and find me!" Kara said. She threw a bunch of clothes into her school bag and headed straight to school.

"What did I do?" Tony asked himself

Kara stormed straight to school. Ignoring Michelle, Ned and peter.

The day went by. Peter was worried for her.

Ned and peter were sitting at their usual table. "I'm worried about Kara. She's not her usual self."

"Yeah. Maybe something happened at home." Ned stated.

Peter saw Kara at the corner of his eye. He waved at her to come sit with them, but she walked right past them. Peter looked at Ned. Then he stood up and followed Kara. She caught on to him following her and dragged him upstairs in the school library. "What do you want parker." Kara turned around. Nobody was in the library it was just them. "What is going on? I'm...Ned and I are worried about you. What happened?" Kara couldn't  take it. She ran up to him and hugged him tightly. She sobbed onto his chest. "Kara? It's okay. I'm here, tell me what happened."

"He....He said that he wished that he never took me in." She sobbed out.

"Who Kara?" Peter asked.

"Tony! I told him I'd leave and never to search for me."

Peter hugged her tighter. "Hey it's okay. How about you stay with me and may till things die down a bit."

"Yeah. Thanks Peter. I don't know what I would have done with out you."

"What are best friends for." Peter said. The bell soon went to head to afternoon classes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tony. 3:00pm.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Okay tony. Kara is going to walk through that door in a matter of minutes. You'll say sorry and she'll forgive you." Tony said to himself while pacing in front of the elevator door.

An hour has passed Kara didn't come home. "Okay tony she's probably out with her friends. Try calling her."

[Hey it's Kara. Sorry I can't make it to the phone right now.]

"So she didn't pick up. God tony this is all your fault. Know what give her till tomorrow probably at a friends."

At peters.

"Thank you may for letting me stay here while my dad is acting up." Kara said to May who was cooking dinner.

"No problem Kara. Oh crap I forgot I have no eggs. I'll be right back." May said. She grabbed her coat and slipped on her shoes. She opens the door to Ned. "Oh hi Ned just in time for dinner I'll be right back come right in." He nodded and came in.

"Hey supergirl? Where did May-" Peter then noticed his slip up.

"Supergirl? Are you the girl of steel? You are aren't you." Ned asked.

"What no. We should set the table for when May gets back." Kara tried to change the subject.

"Kara. Tell him. Tell him the truth." Peter said taking the plates out of her hand. She glared at him before turning around to face Ned.

"Ned you can not. I repeat can not tell anyone I am supergirl." Kara said. Ned nodded his head. Peter rubbed Kara's back. He knew she was still upset about tony. Peter's phone went off. It was tony.

"Hey I got to take this. If May comes back say I'm in the washroom."

"Hey Peter. If it's my dad tell him to screw off will ya." Kara said before Peter went up to his room.

"Mr. Stark. Hi what can I do for you."

[Save the bull crap. Is Kara with you?]

"What? No. She said she was going uhhh....Home"

[Kid I know when your lying. So she is there]

"Mr. Stark Sir. She came to me crying. I told her she could stay with may and I until she wants to go home."

[can I talk to her?]

"Sir forgive me but she told me to tell you to screw off."

[please Peter. Let me talk to her]

"I'm sorry Mr. Stark. But I have to go."

[Peter-]

Peter hung up the phone. He walked back to find Ned and Kara playing Mario cart. "Hey Peter mind setting the table?" May asked.

"I told you we should set the table. But Peter said otherwise." Kara said.

"Oh shut up Kara." Peter gave her a childish death glare.

"Peter. Be nicer to your friends." May said.

That night Kara slept on the top bunk of peters bunk bed and he slept on the bottom.