Part 2: Closer

"Whatever, there's no reasoning with you," Michael said

"Whatever, there's no reasoning with you," Michael said. "Just pick someone other than my roommate to spoil yourself with."

"Spoil myself with?" Alenia hissed dangerously, smoke coming from her mouth

"Spoil myself with?" Alenia hissed dangerously, smoke coming from her mouth. She still didn't have that damn fire under control. "Get out! Just- get out!"

"No! I want you to promise me that you're not going to make me listen to the gory details of you gallivanting around with other men." I snapped, remembering Wes' pride when he'd told me about finding Alenia in the halls and kissing her. Just the memory made my anger well up, how he'd described her practically jumping him.

"I will do no such thing!" She snapped, glaring. "Now get out!"

We'd reached a stalemate, glaring at one another. This wasn't reasonable, she had to see that. It wasn't a fault of mine that I didn't want to listen to Wes explain how she'd rubbed up against him. "How would you feel if I started dating Margie? Or Christine?"

She opened her mouth and then shut it, realizing that there was something wrong. I smirked, glad that she was seeing things as they were. Her emotions began to change and my smirk fell in concentration, what was she feeling?

Towards Wes, she certainly wasn't feeling romance or love. Betrayal and pain were clear, emotions far too similar to the ones she'd felt when I had told her not to spoil herself. Most of her emotions right now, in fact, seemed to be directed towards me and so few were good. She was angry and rebellious, taking a challenge from my words. She was also unsure, as much as me, about where we stood. Who we were to each other. The uncertainty lead to fear, a deep chasm I could get lost in if I didn't stop.

"Do you want to date me?" She asked, raising an eyebrow at me. "Do you have a crush on me and just cannot live without me any longer?"

"No, I don't have a crush on you, but-" I argued, ignoring the way my heart panicked when she asked. Now wasn't the time for that, not when she felt like this, not when she was still healing from the blunt force of the prophecy.

"-But nothing! I'm not dating you because I was told to!" She said, "Since you don't have any feelings for me to be considerate of, then I don't see why I need to consider you."