Chapter One

~~~~~~~~~~~ Chapter One ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elizabeth's POV

"Lizzy, c'mon open up. You know he didn't mean it! He had no idea!" I roll my eyes as Chris tries to persuade me to come back out.

"Fine, if you won't come out, I'm coming in!" I hear the door knob being fiddled with, but I remain seated on the counter. Wait. You probably have no idea what's going on right now. Allow me to explain. My name is Elizabeth Matthews. Some people call me Lizzy for short. I am 17 years old and currently locked in my bathroom, while my brother, Chris, is trying to get me out. Why am I locked in the bathroom? Well, my brother's friends decided to make a joke about getting diabetes. Oh yeah, I've had type one diabetes for 15 years.

Here's what happened earlier.

My brother's best friend came barging in my family's house while I was enjoying an NCIS marathon.

"Hey Lizzy! Where's Chris?" he said, interrupting my concentration on one of McGee's dorky explanations.

"I don't know, probably in his room" I said, annoyed. My brother and I were close, but that doesn't mean I knew where he was at every given moment.

"Awwwwwe am I bothering LizzyBooBoo and her McGee time?" said a now smirking Jackson. I HATED when he called me that.

"Yes, yes you are. Now can you please leave and go find Chris."

"Nahh I think I'll stay here with you. Plus Chris just texted me saying he's almost home from getting some snacks" as he said this he plopped down on the couch, a little too close for comfort if I may add. Rolling my eyes and sighing, I returned my attention to the TV. About twenty minutes later, Chris came home in the middle of a full blown yelling fight.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?" yelled Chris. Jackson and I stopped our yelling and looked at Chris not realizing he was home.

"Hey bro, oh and LizzyBooBoo here started it."

"I DID NOT" I yelled, still fuming from the argument. Chris just signed and walked into the kitchen with the groceries.

"Jackson, didn't I tell you to wait in your car until you got back?"

"That's no fun and I enjoy hanging out with Lizzy!"

Annoyed and mad I quickly responded "Eww gross." You see, I've hated Jackson since the first day of high school. Once he realized that I was Chris' younger sister, he pesters me none stop. Before another argument can happen, there's a knock on the door and Blake, Thomas, Randy, and some guy I've never seen before come in.

"Uggghhhhhh are you having a guy's night?" I said looking at my brother who has an apologetic grin on his face.

"Sorry sis!" he yells as I march my way to my room. Thankfully I talked my parents into letting me have a TV in my room. I crawl into my bed and turn on my NCIS marathon. Next thing I know, I'm slowly drifting to sleep. I wake up to a loud crash. I jerk up out of my bed and take in my surroundings. My lamp and tv is still on. I look at the clock, 2:47am. "You've got to be kidding me." I mumble and I make my way downstairs to see what damage has been done this time. I'm not surprised when I see Blake and Jackson wrestling on the ground. "Are you guys ever going to grow up?" When the boys notice my presence in the room, they all stop and look at me.

"Oh hey Lizzy!" Jackson exclaims while shoving Blake off of him. I look around the room to see what caused the crashing noise. That's when I see him again, except this time I take a minute to look over him. He looks vaguely familiar. He's VERY good looking if I do say so. He's got slightly shaggy, brown hair and deep, gorgeous brown eyes. His eyes were on mine and wow! I was stuck in a trance, unable to take my eyes off of his. I snap out of my thoughts when someone clears their throat. I felt my cheeks heat up. I give him a friendly smile and say "Hi my name's Elizabeth, but you can call me Lizzy for short."

"H-Hey, my name's Tanner." He said while looking at the ground. After a few short, awkward moments I decide to return to my room. I scanned the room one last time for any damage, not finding any.

"Okay, well I'm going back upstairs. Try not to break anything." With that I turn and make my way back upstairs. Half way up the stairs I hear someone shout my name.

"Lizzy come back here! We need your opinion!" Signing in annoyance, I turn around and make my way back to the boys.

"My opinion on what?" I ask

Jackson points to the coffee table, which is covered in candy, chips, and all sorts of junk food. "Do you think your brother is trying to kill us? Or just give us diabetes?"

My heart stops as soon as he says the last part. I hear Chris mumble something that sounded along the lines of "Well shit, here we go."

Without letting another second pass, I run up the stairs wiping a tear from my face. I hear someone running up behind me. I manage to lock myself in the bathroom before I'm caught. And that ladies and gents is why I locked myself in the bathroom.

After a few failed attempts of Chris trying to unlock the door, I hear another voice. "Dude, what the hell happened? What did I do?"

"You're an inconsiderate, moron!" I yell as my voice cracks. I hear Chris tell Jackson to go back downstairs and that he'll explain later. There's a gentle knock on the door. After regaining myself, I finally open the door. Chris immediately pulls me in for a hug.

"I'm sorry sis. He doesn't know. Let's just go down and explain."

"I-I can't" I said, almost inaudible.

"Yes you can, I know you're strong enough, okay? You don't have to right now, but please come back downstairs." Chris grabbed my shoulders and pushed me backs so he could look at me. I just sniffle and nod.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay i know it seems overdramatic, but it will make more sense as the story goes on. If not, well that just shows how confusing my emotions and thoughts can be soooo yeah. Anywayyyy I hope you guys like it and will stick with me! I'm not proud of this chapter, but I promise it will get better once I get the basic information out of the way!