Chapter 6

~~~~ Chapter 6 ~~~~~

Tanner's POV

She was simply stunning, even in sweatpants. I can't believe I found her again. This time I won't leave her, I'll always be here for her. It's currently 3am and the party is finally over. Liz is asleep in my arms. She looks like an angel. There was a light tap on the door. Well shit. Jackson opened the door and when he saw me he flipped.

"WHAT IS GOING ON IN HERE?!"

We both jumped at the sudden yelling. Liz sat up, her eyes wide. When she realized what was going on she quickly stood up. Her eyes narrowed at the sight of Jackson. "Can I help you, Jackson?"

"Yes, yes you can. How about you explain what pretty boy here was doing in you're bed. Hell, what was he doing in your room?!"

"Tanner, was being a good friend and a gentleman, but it's not like I expect you to know what that means, you jerk."

At this point, I was awkwardly standing in the middle of the room, Jackson on one side, and Liz on the other.

Before another word could be spoken, Chris joined us. "You have 2 seconds to explain why you two are in my sister's room." He said through clenched teeth.

If there's one thing I learned over the last week, Chris is quite protective of Liz.

"That's just what I was asking Tanner." Jackson said.

"Chris, nothing happened, okay? Tanner was tired of the party so he came up here and we talked." Liz said.

Wow, I can't believe she's defending me.

"Jackson, Tanner, my room. Now." Jackson and I did what we were told, while Chris stayed behind to talk to Liz. I really hope I didn't get her in trouble.

After a few quiet minutes, I hear Chris and Liz arguing. I can only make out bits and pieces of it.

Liz: --TREATING ME LIKE A TWO YEAR OLD

Chris: YOU KNOW YOU AREN'T ALLOWED--

Liz: YOU DON'T OWN ME

After several minutes of arguing, it became quiet. About 10 minutes later, Chris came into his room.

"I think you both should go. We'll talk about this later."

I really didn't want to leave, but I knew I had to. I'd make sure to apologize to Liz as soon as possible.

I was almost home when I remembered she gave me her phone number.

Elizabeth's POV

As much as I love my brother, he can be over protective sometimes. Quite frankly, it pisses me off. I angry sit back on my bed and glare at Chris.

"Would you like to tell me why you had two guys in your room?"

That set me off. "WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS TREATING ME LIKE A TWO YEAR OLD? I'M 17 YOU KNOW?!"

"DON'T YOU YELL AT ME. YOU KNOW YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO HAVE GUYS IN YOUR ROOM."

"YOU DON'T OWN ME CHRIS AND NOTHING HAPPENED."

"I AM YOUR OLDER BROTHER AND YOU WILL LISTEN TO ME."

"Why don't you trust me, Chris? You know I can't stand Jackson and Tanner was just being nice."

Chris took a deep breathe then looked me straight in the eyes. "It's him, isn't it."

I knew exactly what he meant, but I wasn't going to let him know that. "what?"

"Don't 'what' me, it's him isn't it?"

I looked at my hands, "yeah, it's him." A single tear slid down my check.

Chris sighed then stood up, "we'll talk about this later."

I sat there and silently cried, trying to wrap my head around what just happened. A few minutes later my phone dinged, signaling I had a message. It was from an unknown number.

'I'm sorry about tonight. I didn't mean to get you in trouble. I just can't believe that I found you again. I promise to make everything up to you if you give me a chance. -Tanner'

I saved his contact information, put my phone on the charger, then cried myself to sleep.

Chris' POV

I can't believe it. The one person that has ever made my sister happy, is back in her life. I knew he looked familiar when Jackson introduced his new neighbor to me, but I couldn't place him. As soon as I saw him next to Lizzy, I knew exactly who he was.

~~~~~~~

So it's not the longest chapter, but now the drama has started! I also threw in Chris' POV. That will probably only happen every once in a while. There's going to be a secret revealed within the next couple chapters, so yeah.. haha I hope you guys like it so far! Don't forget to comment, share, vote!