Chapter 15

Elizabeth's POV

I made my way down the street and to the park. I finally reach the woods and have to turn on my flashlight so I can find my way to the cave without tripping. I'm almost to the opening when I hear something. It sounded rather large which made me freeze immediately. I slowly move my flashlight around trying to find the source of the noise. I didn't see anything and the noise stopped, so I cautiously started walking again. Once I step into the clearing I release a breath I didn't know I was holding. I walked closer to the cave and just as I was about to sit down someone grabbed my arm. I screamed and turned around to hit my attacker on the head with my flashlight. Before I could make contact, my arm was stopped in mid-air.

"Lizzy?"

"H-how do you know my name?"

They let me go then sighed, "Lizzy it's me."

As my eyes adjusted to the darkness, I saw that it was Jackson. Relief rushed through my body.

"What're you doing here?"

"I used to come here as a kid. I forgot about it until tonight. I used to come here when I wanted to get away."

"I didn't know that anyone else knew about this place. It's my hideout too."

I took a couple steps back before sitting down and staring up at the night sky. I felt Jackson sit down next to me.

"I'm sorry about earlier Lizzy. It really wasn't what it looked like. It's just that –"

"I don't want to hear it Jackson."

I felt Jackson's stare burning a hole in the side of my face. I finally looked at him and when I did the intensity of his stare made me gasp.

"Why won't you listen to me?! If you would just let me explain what happened, just hear me out, please." I don't think I've ever seen such intensity in his eyes before. I had to look away. Without meeting his eyes I replied, "I don't want to hear anymore bullshit. I'm tired of all the crap that's been going on."

"This isn't bullshit! Dammit Lizzy please just listen to me!" He scooted closer and turned my head so I was forced to look at him.

I started to say something, but he cut me off. "No, you're going to listen. Tanner and I went outside this morning because he kept glaring out me while everyone else was still asleep. I confronted him and asked him what his problem was with me. He's using you Lizzy. He said that you need a slap in the face with reality and he's going to give it to you. You have to believe me. When he said that I couldn't control myself and I was going to threaten him when you opened the door. Tanner only came back to try and hurt you. He wants revenge."

I shook my head, "no...no... Tanner wouldn't do that. He- He would never try and hurt me! I can't believe you would even say that!"

Too angry to form words I stood up and started to leave.

"Lizzy!"

I turned around and flipped him off before walking faster. I practically ran home. How dare Jackson say that Tanner is only here to hurt me. He would never do that, he couldn't. He's the only person who somewhat understands.

I quietly snuck back into my house. As soon as my head hit my pillow my phone buzzed. I roll over and grab it off my night stand.

I'm sorry Lizzy.

Instead of responding I turn my phone off and fall asleep.

~~~~~~

I'm sorry it's so short!! I wasn't planning on this chapter being so short, but I haven't had a lot of time to write and I've had a bit of writers block. I'm already working on the next chapter so hopefully I can get that up soon!

PSA: November is National Diabetes Awareness month!