Chapter Eight

Elizabeth's POV

I continued through the week barely talking to anyone. I know my friends were worried about me, but I just couldn't get myself to tell them.

Once again it was Friday. I had plans with me, myself, and I to lay in bed and mindlessly stare at the tv. As soon as I had gotten comfortable, my mind kicked into overdrive. My body was attacking itself and I was losing. Jackson confessed that he has feelings for me. Tanner is back in my life. My thoughts were interrupted by a knock at my door. It opened to reveal Jackson. Great, just the guy I wanted to see. Not.

"Hey Lizzie, wanna come downstairs and watch movies with us?"

I thought it over before agreeing. I don't my brother to keep worrying about me. I joined the boys downstairs to find that the only available seat was by Jackson. Wonderful. I sat as close as I could to the arm of the couch. I still wasn't sure how I felt about him. I mean I guess he could be a decent guy or else Chris wouldn't hang out with him, but how would he react if he knew his best friend and sister liked each other? I sneak a glance at Jackson to find him already looking at me. He shifts and casually puts his arm around the couch behind me.

Jackson's POV

She hasn't freaked out yet about my arm practically being around her. Maybe she's starting to warm up to the idea that I like her. I can't let Chris know how I feel about his little sis, he would kill me! I glance around the room to find Tanner glaring at me. I wonder what his deal is. I wonder if it has anything to do with why he was in Lizzie's bed the other night. Come to think of it, I still don't know why she flipped and locked herself in the bathroom. Maybe I'll ask her about that later.

—-

By the time we finished the third movie, she was out and snuggled up against my side. This felt right. Chris still hadn't noticed, but Tanner looked like he was going to explode.

"I'm gunna head out, I've gotta be up early tomorrow." Tanner said while standing and stretching.

"Come on man, it's like 2am just—"

"No. I can't." He cut off Chris, then left without looking back.

"Huh that was— DUDE what the hell?!"

Taken back by his abrupt yelling, it took me a minute before I realized that he was talking about the fact that Lizzie was still curled up against my side.

"She must've fallen asleep, just chill Chris."

"Get up right now and go sit over there."

Well there goes the thought of Chris ever accepting our relationship. Woah. Slow down, just because she fell asleep against you doesn't mean anything.

Sighing I slowly got up and made my way to the other couch while Chris carried her upstairs to her bed.

Elizabeth's POV

I woke up in my bed the next morning. Weird, I could've sworn I fell asleep on the couch. I lay in bed thinking of what my plans were today when there was a knock on my door. Why can't anybody ever leave me alone?! I open my door to find Chris standing there.

"Hey sis, we need to talk about something."

Uh oh, this can't be good.

"Okay, what's up?"

"You can't date Jackson." Woah. "I mean come on you HATE the guy, us he's my best friend and —"

"Chris."

"— you just, no you can't. I won't allow —"

"CHRIS! STOP BABBLING AND LET ME TALK!" After taking a deep breathe, I begin to speak again. "Now, what are you talking about?"

"Last night, you were all snuggled up to him during the movie and you even fell asleep in his arms!"

woah woah woah, just wait a second. I fell asleep in Jackson's arms?

"First of all, we aren't dating. I don't even know why you would think that. Second, I can't control what I do in my sleep so if I was 'cuddled up to him' it wasn't on purpose."

He visible relaxed. "Okay. Okay, good. Well, uhm, I'm going out today so don't burn the house down and call me if you need anything."

Rolling my eyes, "This isn't the first time you've left me alone, you know."

Without responding he turns and leaves.

Chris has been gone for a few hours and I've been laying in bed, catching up on my reading. Next thing I know my blood glucose level is going low, and fast. As I look on my night stand, I realize my supplies downstairs from the last time I went low. Let me tell you, trying to maneuver a house with a quickly dropping blood sugar is harder than it sounds.

I finally make it to the kitchen, only to find out that I have to open a new bottle of tablets. (The travel size ones are actually difficult to open while experiencing a low) Now I'm feeling lightheaded and dizzy. I quickly call Chris.

"Going low fast, can't get tablets open."

At this point I'm sitting on the floor, with my head in my hands, trying not to panic. (When I go low, I go into mini panic attacks. Don't know if this is true for everyone, but everyone's symptoms vary a little bit.)

"Shit, okay Lizzie, just relax I'll be there in a second."

A few minutes later I hear the front door open.

"Liz?!"

What is he doing here?

I weakly reply, "kitchen."

As soon as he saw me he ran over to me, took the tablet container out of my hand and opened it for me. He handed me a couple then dug through the cabinets to find me some food. He joined me on the floor and we sat there in an easy silence.

A/N

Hello again peeps!! So here's the next chapter even though it's been like a year since I updated.

Who do you think helped Elizabeth in the kitchen??

Team Jackson or Team Tanner?

Comment and Vote!!