the sixth sin

I expelled a breath I didn't know I was holding. Damn it! What the hell just happened?

I close my eyes shut. This isn't real, I'm just dreaming. I'll wake up later.

I turn my head towards Nick's maniacal laughter. "This is real."

I gasped and pinch my self... hard. "Ouch!" I yelp in pain.

"Silence!" A raspy voice rang in the middle of the dim room.

My head snap towards where the voice was coming from. I saw no one for it's very dark on that side of the room. I squinted my eyes hoping to catch the owner of the voice's silhouete. Unfortunately, the darkness didn't gave away any clue.

"Oh, why don't you welcome your newest member in the family, Envy?" Nick cooed.

Two green lights shone from that dark corner, I stared at it. In awe of how green they are.

The wooden floor creak as heavy footsteps approach us. The two green light seems to be nearing us.

My eyes widen when I realized that those two green lights I'm admiring are eyes.

Envy stopped in front of me, her green eyes glowing fiercely.

"What brought you here?" She asked and cock her head to the side.

"I-I don't know." I stammer, realizing for the first time that I didn't know what I am doing here.

Question started swarming inside my mind.

Why am I being introduced to these sins? Why does Nick kept telling them that I'm going to be part of them? Am I dead? How? Why? What did I do in my life to be here? And worst, to be part of the deadly sins?

"Stop it, Envy. You're making her formulate unnecessary questions... which will be answered later, of course."

Envy throw her head back in fits of laughter.

"You don't fucking know a single thing!" She pointed an accusing finger at me.

"And yet you blindly trust this man to give you a tour?" She added.

"I-I..." I stammer.

"Trust no one, especially now that you are here." She whispered tauntingly at me as she circled me.

"What part is she going to play, Nick? I hope not the best part, though. You wouldn't want me to sulk for another decade. And when I say sulk, that means abandoning the people I have to influence." Envy explained while crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow at me.

"Oh no, she's actually played her part the moment she entered the door." Nick replied with meaning.

"What part?" I asked snapping my head towards Nick's direction.

Envy chuckled. "That must be why you are so clueless." She started retreating.

I have no clue what they are talking about.

"Welcome to the family and... to hell." She hissed before she disappeared in the darkness.

Nick's flicking of fingers was the last sound I heard in Envy's room.