the first sin

"I-I don't understand," I start, "am-am I in hell?" I stammered.

The man in front of me heave a sigh. "Yes, you're in hell. Any relevant question?" He asked languidly to which I nodded in response.

"Why? Why am I here?" I turn back hoping to see the door that I came in but instead of a door, vastness greeted me.

"An interesting question. But wouldn't you like to meet the other members first? For introductions, you know?" He wiggled his brows at me.

Instead of sayong no, I nodded in response.

He flick his fingers and we were transported into somewhere. We're standing in the middle of a tiled floor and precious paintings hang on the wall. Some were the works of DaVinci, Gogh, Picasso and other legendary painters.

There are also sculptors and big vases that decorated this part of the house.

I look up and saw chandeliers hanging above that were made of of real diamonds.

"Where are we?" I asked still mesmerized by the grandness of my surrounding. This very part of the house screams elegance and power.

"There he is!" The man's cheery voice echoed that made me snap my head towards him then to where his finger pointed.

A man wearing an expensive clothes came strutting towards us.

"Nick! Glad to see you." He nodded at the man beside me.

"Greed, I'm glad to see you too!" My eyes widen when Nick greeted Greed. His name is Greed? That means...

I roam my eyes around my surrounding as they shook hands. Well, that explains the grandness.

"Who's she?" Greed asked.

"She's going to be part of your family." Nick answered.

"Ah. Shall I welcome her?" Asked greed.

"Be my guest."

He put his hands in his pocket and smiled at me.

"You know, I was just like you when I first came here--- clueless. Do you know why you're here..." he trailed off, squinting at me. My brows knitted at him.

"Uh... Clara. I don't know the reason I'm here if that's what you're asking." I said to which he nodded in response.

"When I was a child, Clara, I wanted everything. Every single thing that exists on earth. So I strive hard, so hard that I reached the top of the world. But I'm not contented, I will never be contented. So when I died, this guy welcomed me here and gave me this position." He smiled, a creepy one to be exact.

"Welcome to the family and welcome to hell." He bowed like an actor in a theatre when the play ends.

Before I could ask any question, Nick flick his fingers and we are standing in the middle of another unfamliar room.