It should have been me. Those thoughts rang in Yoongi's head as he watched Holly writhe in pain. Why can't I suffer instead of Holly?

There was a loud blast that cut off Yoongi's thoughts. He turned around, just to see a purple laser beam shoot across the open field. You tumbled to the ground head first and groaned in pain as dust rose around you.

Yoongi stared with wide eyes, his breaths becoming short and sharp. He stood up, ignoring Hoseok's warnings, and squinted his orange eyes, teeth gritted in anger. He lit flames over his palms, expecting to see Shay with a smug look on her face and glowing staff in her hands.

Never in a thousand years did Yoongi expect to see Taehyung instead.

"Taehyung, what the fuck are you doing?!," Namjoon screamed in disbelief, only adding onto the tension in the air.

Taehyung was standing in front of Shay, who was injured on the ground, glowing snake head staff in his hands. The Helian woman looked just as surprised as everyone else as she stared at the darkness gem bearer with wide eyes. Yoongi stared with an open mouth, unable to process any thoughts or speak any words.

"If you want to hurt my sister," Taehyung smirked and pointed his staff forward, his eyes dark and expression smug. "Then you have to go through me first."

For a moment, there was silence. Yoongi could feel the tension in the air thickening with each passing second. He glanced around at the crowd and scanned the expressions of his friends. Hoseok had his eyes widened behind his goggles. Jin was staring back at the fire gem bearer with a mixture of shock and disbelief, as if saying: I can't believe you were right this whole time.

Yoongi wanted to say that he wished he wasn't right either but he kept that thought to himself.

That made Yoongi turn towards your trembling figure. Sitting in between Namjoon and Jimin, who had come to your aid, you were shaking as you stared at Taehyung with wide and teary eyes, scratches dotting your arms and face. He glanced at Holly, who was still wailing in pain.

Yoongi thought about the time he and Taehyung ended up working together in Vlam. He thought about that the conversation they had and at how the darkness gem bearer had promised to protect you with his life.

Yet here you were, trembling in both misery and pain because of Taehyung.

Something inside Yoongi snapped, the fire gem turning purple in a flash. His vision darkened as he slowly stood up, his heartbeat slow yet deafening. Flames engulfed his arms and rose to his shoulders as his eyes glowed powerfully orange. On his back, flames shot up, forming a shape that resembled dragon's wings. Scales dotted his cheeks as he growled with bared pointed teeth.

Yoongi heard someone call his name but he was too out of it to recognize the person's voice. He flicked his eyes towards Taehyung, who was staring at him in shock, although he kept a stern expression on his face.

Seeing Shay still on the ground behind Taehyung, Yoongi smirked. The fire gem bearer jumped into the air, his flame wings spreading, before he flew downwards towards the Helian woman, both claws out as he licked his lips in anticipation.

Taehyung was barely able to push Shay away before he was tackled by Yoongi instead. The two rolled on the ground for a bit and became a tangled mess of purple mist and flames, the grey haired man wincing at how the darkness gem bearer had scratched his hand with his own claws.

Finally coming to a stop, Taehyung stepped on Yoongi's chest and hit him across the face with his staff. He kept throwing punches with a grin until the fire gem bearer caught one of his hands, which sizzled in his touch. The Helian screamed in pain.