Unceremonious

Magsimula sa umpisa

Weddings were generally meant to be pretty and magical and this one didn't fall short of expectations. Fairy lights were twinkling all over the mass of green, illuminating trees and bushes. It maintained the normal chaos of one, with people socialising and smiling over plates of food.

Kira stood in the corner for a while, taking in the huge crowd of happy strangers. Socialising seemed like a completely different thing when it was not a part of work and she felt a little anxious to meet those whom Taehyung called friends.

"Let's go greet the bride and groom."

Kira nodded, momentarily forgetting that they were the main people to talk to. Taehyung held out his elbow and she hesitantly placed her palm on the crook. From afar, she could see the bride and the groom laughing, their eyes twinkling with something special as they talked to people.

As they turned to talk to them, Kira's breath hitched. The groom carried an uncanny resemblance to Taehyung; their boxy smile, their crinkling eyes, the similar shape of their face, it seemed all too identical. If Kira hadn't known better, she would have assumed that they were brothers.

"Bro!" Taehyung yelled, hugging the groom. For a second, Kira questioned her entire existence until he turned to introduce her.

"Minjee, meet Baekhyun. He was my senior at university." He said and Kira let a sigh of relief as she greeted him politely.

"Ah, so you're the pretty woman he wouldn't shut up about. It's nice to finally meet you. I am glad you made it to the wedding."

Just then, the bride came back into the conversation and Taehyung hugged her. Needless to say, she looked like an angel descending from heaven. It was the pure joy she carried in her smile that made Kira automatically smile back at her. Kira finally understood what people meant by the 'glow' that married couple carry.

"You guys look just as cute as the first time I saw you together in Uni." Taehyung smiled, getting a little nostalgic. "We had a bet! You said you'd treat me to something if my predictions came right. Where's my reward?"

"That's the main reason we invited you. Over there is the food section. Have plenty. It's our treat." The bride winked.

An embarrassed Taehyung ended up dragging a laughing Kira out towards the food counter. They took their fill and sat down, watching the happy couple chatter away. Soon, the music started playing and an upbeat tune filled the air. Baekhyun started moving flawlessly to the best and he dragged his wife along with him. There was air of laughter as everyone observed them cheerfully.

Getting over with food, a glass of juice rested in Taehyung's hands as he laughed at something Kira said. The music transitioned into a slow song and a collective 'aww' harmonised as the bright couple swayed gently to it.

Other people slowly started joining them and after a while Taehyung held his hand out to Kira.

"Oh boy, you're going to embarrass yourself if I dance here." Said Kira, mortified.

"You're going to be fine. Just follow my lead." Seeing that this guy wasn't going to take a no for an answer, Kira reluctantly got up with him.

The piano music in the background was soothing; slow but cheerful at the same time. He placed his hand gently on her waist and she placed hers on his shoulders. They swayed gently to the notes and carried a conversation along with it; laughing and chuckling each time as she accidentally stamped on him or threatened to set them tumbling on the ground.

"People are starting to stare at us." Said Kira, suddenly aware of herself and her not-so graceful moves.

"I wouldn't blame them." He chuckled in reply.

"Oh right I almost forgot, I happen to be dancing with the handsome guy everyone here is whispering about." She said cheekily.

"Too bad, the handsome guy only wants to dance with the most beautiful girl in here."

Kira raised her eyebrow in fake surprise. "That would be the bride because she looks too amazing. I'll ask Baekhyun to watch out."

"From the looks of it, Baekhyun should be watching out for you since you can't seem to stop talking about her." He laughed pulling her close.

"But for real though, you look so beautiful today. You look beautiful everyday but you're even more irresistible when you put effort into it."

"I don't know if I should be happy or scared at that." Kira chuckled, trying to hide the pink that was spreading her face. He softly kissed her cheeks, conforming that he saw it.

Without realising it, they were leaning onto each other, looking away into each other's eyes, getting lost in the moment of bliss. Lips curving at the edges, steps coming as an instinct, they found themselves communicating with their gaze far more affectionate than they could ever with words.

Kira found herself thinking back to those times when this terrified her. The same thought of love used to give her the chills and she despised it will all her might. The idea of finding someone and falling for their perfections and imperfections was foreign to her. After her times with Namjoon, she had always believed that she would never put herself through that pain again. The pain of seeing someone and falling in love with them to ultimately loathe the universe and its inevitable twisted fates had always reined her conscience. In that split second, they seemed to vanish entirely off of her mind.

"I love you."

The words tumbled out of her lips as if they'd been there all along, waiting for the right moment. It didn't feel odd to her, it felt natural. Maybe it was his deep brown eyes that gave her the confidence but she couldn't deny the sense of profound happiness that washed within her as the words rolled down her tongue.

Taehyung seemed to be lost in her eyes, his eyes shifting only to observe the way her lips moved as she said those words. His body was swaying gently along to the music but his mind was frozen on those particular words, enriching the moment. He wanted to say it. He had to say it. Heck, he'd said it before with her sleeping peacefully in her arms. His tongue was twisted in joy and his mouth opened to expel a single puff of air.

"I..." He began but was cut off as his phone rang, shattering the moment into million pieces. Were coincidences truly this evil?

He took out his phone, his eyes not leaving hers. If there was confusion or any traces of sadness in them, she was concealing it pretty well. He answered the phone, pressing it harshly to his ear. Muffled voices from the other end reached Kira.

"I can't... I-"

More voices.

"Please just lis-"

Voices became stern with more finality in them as it turned monotonous.

"Fine. Give me ten minutes."

He shut the phone harshly but the fire in his eyes died as soon as it looked into Kira's once again.

"Minjee I-"

"You have to go. I kind of got that. It's okay, I'll see you later."

Taehyung's gaze fell low; guilt, anger and sadness filled within them. He didn't know if he had anything to say, he lips parted but silence left them. He gently kissed the tip of her nose and hurried off, sprinting into distance.

Kira found herself standing in the shadows once again, not knowing what it was that made her feel this pathetic.  

A/N: Um, I haven't exactly edited this chapter. So, I apologize if it looks clumsy at some parts. 

Cameo appearance: Baekhyun!
I see a lot of fanwars going on these days and I think that it's pure absurdity. Artists are talented in their own ways. Why bash against each other when you can celebrate them together? 

Stay safe!