“Wheeljack was in charge of watching over them at all times but he was too late. Megatron had us all in different regions at the time. Wheeljack was by himself and out for a drive when he got a distress beacon from their home”

“Wheeljack use to be a full time Autobot ? Why did he leave ?” Miko’s voice sounded hurt as she asked her questions about Wheeljack but Ratchet slowly told the events of that fateful night. He just hoped Crimson wasn’t around the corner listening to the conversation, it had been two years since the incident but still it hurt her deeply. 

“By the time Wheeljack got to their home Megatron had Crimson in his hands, Eric and Beatrice were..gone and Crimson was a emotional wreck. Wheeljack, bravely, took Megatron on by himself and single handedly saved Crimson”

“Awesome ! So why did he leave ? He’s a hero ! He saved Crimson and beat the bad guy ! I don’t see a downfall in that.” Jack understood what Ratchet was getting at and shook his head at the mere thought, he could understand why they had only seen Wheeljack in the most dire of times. 

“For the first couple of nights Crimson would wake up screaming and crying, the memory of watching her parents perish haunted her…Wheeljack couldn’t handle seeing her so..hurt so he left. He feels as if their death is his fault, he can’t forgive himself and I fear that he may never forgive himself.” 

Ratchet let out a heavy sigh. Optimus put a hand on his shoulder and slid his mouth-plate back to reveal a sad smile. 

“In time he will forgive himself but for now we must help Crimson. We must keep her safe while also giving her the space she rightfully needs…Arcee and Bumblebee you will be coming with me for a scouting mission.” Ratchet nodded and entered the coordinates into the ground bridge for the three, keeping silent as they left base. 

“So what are you to her now ? A guardian ?” Miko asked in a tender yet curious tone of voice. 

“Wheeljack was her guardian but once he was gone I felt saddened by Crimson’s pain and took it upon myself to keep her safe.” As if on cue Crimson came walking, more like limping, up the stairs to lean against the railing. Crimson’s hand was covering her right side as she hissed in pain, June grabbed the girl’s shirt and raised it to see a large bruise forming. 

June had Crimson sit down on the couch while she gave her some pain medication and some water. Crimson’s face dropped as she looked up at Ratchet, worry written on his face, Crimson chuckled before giving him a soft smile. 

“I’m fine, just a bruise. Promise,” June shook her head as Crimson got up and walked over to the railing next to Ratchet. Miko and Jack gave her smiles but she brushed them off and looked to Ratchet. He smirked then gently grabbed the girl and put her on his shoulder. 

“Hey Bulk want to go dunebashing ?!” Bulkhead chuckled and gave a curt nod as Miko ran down the stairs. Miko stopped at the end of the stairs and looked up at Crimson with a small ounce of hope. “Hey Crimson you wanna come with ?” Ratchet shook his head as the question left Miko’s lips. 

Crimson pulled her knee’s to her chest, watching as Miko climbed into Bulkhead’s alternate mode and left base. Bulkhead sped up as he heard Crimson and Ratchet talking back and forth, Miko’s face looked confused and hurt. “Did I say something wrong ?” Bulkhead didn’t speak, instead he kept driving until he found a suitable cliff to go dunebashing on.