Chapter Twenty One

Start from the beginning

"No you couldn't," drawled Kaelen as he tilted his head back and stared arrogantly at Sebastian.  "Even if you wanted to you couldn't beat me."  He grabbed another bowl and chuckled, "Kevin's taught us your little tricks and we know how they work on the other hand you still can't fight worth shit."

"Fuck you," snarled Sebastian as he knocked Anthony's hand off his chest.  "And fuck you too, Anthony."

Anthony watched silently as Sebastian stumped out of the kitchen before he turned to Kaelen.  "I can't believe how much you've changed."  Anthony watched Kaelen shrugged as if unaffected by the situation.  "But something is off with this whole scenario."

"I know," responded Kaelen as if baffled.  "He and Xara have lived in a society that not only practice bigamy but thrive in it but he acts as if they are above it themselves."  Kaelen laughed as he shook his head.  "I am doing my Alliance given right," continued Kaelen merrily as he poured his cereal.  "And now my soon to be paramour and her damn cousin are both threatening me."

Anthony blinked slowly at Kaelen as if he were trying to figure out a puzzle.  "Doesn’t Nah'Byians practice monogamy?"

"I've decided to embrace my Ah'Tarian side," replied Kaelen as he poured milk on his cereal.  "Isn't that what everyone was hoping for?"

"So, you will be announcing yourself as Kevin Jacob Lawson's descendant," asked Anthony with a doubtful smile.

"Yip, as soon as he announcing that he's back," replied Kaelen smugly.  He arched an eyebrow in amusement before he took a bite of his puffs.  With a thoughtful look he stared down at his breakfast.  "But I can't lie...I really miss Xara's cooking."

Anthony patted Kaelen on the shoulder as he exited the kitchen.  As he walked down the stairs he let out a rusty laugh, "I can't believe anyone in their right mind would believe any of that nonsense he just said."  Anthony held up his hand and looked at the employment register, "But I will definitely be hiring a housekeeper because only the gods know how long he'll keep this charade going."

****

The Gold District - Palace Visitor's Lounge

Kayla suppressed as shiver as she listened to Ruby incessant chatter while she flipped through an endless stream of wedding gowns.  Kayla turned her nose up in disgust as Ruby paused at an emerald green gown. 

Kayla rolled her eyes as she was not able to even look at the reed thin model that wore the see through gown without anything beneath.

"That is inappropriate," comment Kayla without emotion.  She ignored Ruby's pout and signaled for her to choose something else.

"What about this one," enthused Ruby as a shimmering navy blue dress with diamonds sewn into the collar appeared.  "My Kae-bear said royals were no object!"

"Did he," sighed Kayla as her gaze moved pass the dress to rest on Ruby's forehead.

"He sure did," preened Ruby as she gazed longingly at the dress.  "But this one is too splendid and would surely make all in attendance jealous."

"I’m sure," replied Kayla as she stared at the 100,000 royal price on the dress.

"I know it to be so," laughed Ruby.  "I'm sure the universe would be abuzz comparing my gown to that plain thing you wore."

Kayla pressed her lips into a flat line while trying to tilt her lips into tight smile as she looked back at the gaudy dress.  "That is a beautiful dress," sighed Kayla as she placed her hand on the reader.  "I think I will buy it and wear it to the next gala Lucas and I attend."  Kayla had to keep herself from laughing at Ruby's thunder struck expression.