Chapter 9: Omkara, the White Liar, Singh Oberoi

THAT GIRL•

I walked Dadi to her room as soon as we reached the Mansion and raced back to mine.

I really don't know what got into me to trust that girl with Ishana?!

I had just told her that Ishana had been an old acquaintance and she, without any questions asked, agreed to look after the unconscious girl's needs.

Are all wives usually this cool when their husbands bring over female friends?

I had to chastise and remind myself that Gauri wasn't exactly my wife. I could probably never forget or forgive her for being a home wrecker and, in my belief, killing the Kaali Thakur's late wife.

That girl is a borderline murderer!

On the way, my younger brother stopped me, with a questioning call.

"Hey, O?"

"Not now, Rudra," I said, preoccupied with my thoughts of wary. I can't believe I'm in this situation!

"Listen, Om!" Rudra said in a demanding voice, that made me turn back to him. It was quite unusual of him to adapt a serious tone such as this. It is only persistent when India looses a match or when any gym shuts down. Any gym. It's an overall loss to the society that works out, apparently.

Damn, I've been kicking life with an idiot!

Oh, shit! Did he find out?  Was the next thing that came into my mind, and I could feel my heart beat quicken with every delayed second.

"What is it?" I asked, gauging his body language. Praying he didn't see the fear in mine.

"Gauri Bhabhi locked herself inside your room," he said looking down at the floor.

"So?" I asked, confused.

"Ahem," he coughed, "Well, um, she apparently has some ladkiyaan waali problem, so I think you should let her rest," he managed to finish in between his, obviously, fake fit of coughs and his face visibly turned pink.

I couldn't help but chuckle at my younger brother.

"It's okay, Rudra," I said, catching onto Gauri's clever plan to keep away from my nosy little brother, "Every girl gets this. It's not a bad thing."

I say just to make him not to shy away from this topic so much! He's a grown ass man (albeit, an adult-child), for God's sake!

"You can't go! She was in a lot of pain and she said she wanted to be alone. And, I think you should respect her request!" He said, suddenly, standing up for that girl, again. This is really getting annoying.

 Rudra always had a sweet spot for his 'Bhabhi's'. Shivaay and I have already come to a conclusion that it's absolutely fucking annoying. (And cute. But, majorly annoying)

"Rudra, that's my room. And that's my wife. You can't stop me," I said before turning away.

His mood again changed quickly, as if his hormonal cells were actually chameleons. He hooted and made suggestive, "Oh, ohs!" And teased me for wanting to go back to my wife and  for being, apparently, whipped.

What is really wrong in wanting to go back to your girl and cherishing her?

Wait, What?

Gauri is not my 'girl'.

I'm just saying. Generally. In life. You know, just generally.

I knocked on the door, and a timid voice asked me who it was. 

"Gauri, open up. It's me."

Slowly, the door opens to a small crack. Her big, beautiful brown orbs, all wide and bright, cautiously check if it was actually me. She quickly, swung it open and let me in, before, closing it just as quickly and latching it. 

I'm almost out of breath (for her) by just watching her swift moves.

I looked, curiously, at her weird behaviour and she was sweating. Very much, that her clothes were becoming transparent.

"What happened?" I asked her, trying to get my attention off her wet white salwar suit and heaving chest.

"Humse nahi hopayega, Omkara ji. Yeh-yeh..-yeh, joot."

I chuckled. Jeez, someone can't handle pressure!

"This is not a lie, Gauri. We are simply just procrastinating, or just taking our own time, to tell the truth," I say looking at her smugly.

"Even white lies, are lies, Omkaraji."

I glared at her tenacity. Honestly, getting gyaan from this girl makes me feel like I've hit the rock bottom.

I moved my eyes towards the sleeping beauty, trying with all my might to not lash out on that girl, just for the sake of gratitude.

"I never thought being a liar would be a problem for someone like you," I whispered.

If she had caught onto it, she didn't press further.

I walked forward and took my seat on a chair and hesitantly held on to Ishana's cold slender fingers.

I wish she would wake up soon and I can explain everything to her. The guilt was eating me up and all I wanted was to shower Ishana with my apologies.

"Omkaraji, kaa hua?" That girl questioned bringing me out of my regretting thoughts, to realize unshed tears were enveloping my sight.

I blinked them away. Yet, a stray, lonely tear, managed to fall and Gauri gasped. She rushed forward, her bangles and anklets jingling away in their own crescendo, and wiped that salty tear stain with her soft dupatta.

"If it worries you e-so much, I'll do everything in hamara sakthi to keep this girl a e-secret."

"Aap sintha math kiijiye. Isaana ji will wake up i-sooner than you think," she re ensured me.

I hope so, too, Gauri.

*****Hey-llo! Missed me?

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

*****
Hey-llo! Missed me?

Apologies for being M.I.A. I tried updating earlier today but Life just has a way of fucking with my plans.

I'm gonna keep this short.

Did you all like my comeback chapter?

It's not much but I'm coming with some real juicy stuff sooner! And I'm pretty excited to bring you all into the darker side of this story!

I dedicate this to my favorite babes! Really sorry, for going missing in action, y'all! I missed you guys. rainbowwveins Aliferous__  Maulvi786 BlackManiacx

Stay tuned for more.  Please vote and comment as well! It would be nice hearing back from all of you!

See you soon! (I promise! Cross my heart and hope to die!)

Yours,
S.L

There Was Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें