Chapter 7 : (SIRF?) ANNIKA

•ELEVATOR (OR) LIFT•

Shivaay stepped into the elev-lift and into my life, again, with slow, excruciating footing.

"Bye," said the anonymous girl, walking away even before the doors of the elev-lift could shut.

Him and I just stood there staring at each other, when his hand swiftly pressed a button on the lift's digital panel.

"Kyaa Kar rahe hai, aap?" I asked him and got my answer as soon as the lift came to shaking stand-still.

"Shivaay, what are you doing?" I asked again, trying to control my rapidly increasing breathing. 

It's not that I'm scared or something. I trust Shivaay with my life!

It's because of him. He makes me nervous and in this confined space, there ought to be sexual tension between two old flames. 

He cornered me with careful, calculated steps, backing me onto the cold, metal wall of the lift. Which was quite honestly not helping me in this situation. It only sent further sent shivers down my spine and by the smirk on that Bhagad Billa's face, I knew he was liking it.

His arms formed barricades, on either side of my head (unnecessarily) because it's not like I was going to move, either way. This man and his Kanji eyes were too captivating, addictive and irresistible for his own good!

 This man and his Kanji eyes were too captivating, addictive and irresistible for his own good!

"What am I doing, Annika?", purring sexually. Bhagad Billa!

"Have you lost it?" I asked, frustrated and annoyed.

"Nope."

"We are divorced!" I stated.

"I know. I was there as well, Annika," he smirked,"But, it didn't seem mutual to me. Don't you think?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked, looking down, suddenly interested in the tiling. 

Kya Kamaal ki interior design hai, hospital mein!

"I don't know! You tell me!" he growled, suddenly, clutching onto my shoulders with a deadly grip.

I shoved his hand off, albeit not making any effort to push him away from me, my shoulder.

I glared into his Satrangi eyes, "Simple. I, insulted your brother's bloodline, questioned his  lineage. You, as always, holding Naam, Khoon, Khanadhaan, as mightier than thou, gave me a divorce!"

"Why?!"

" What, why- Why?! I just told the truth!"

"Bullshit! My Annika loved Omkara as her own! She would never do anything to hurt him or me! And she never cared about my lineage! Hell, she didn't give a fuck about who I was. She loved the person, not the name! Even, in my wildest dreams she would not have done such a thing!" He said, looking straight into my eyes, "So, pray tell me,  why did you do this?!"