Chapter 8 : Billu (The Jaanwar)

LIFT (OR) ELEVATOR•

"Kya?!"

"Haan. You're my wife."

"I can't accept this! This is illegal!" She said gripping on to my shoulders, her fine, long unkempt nails digging onto me, through my crisp suit.

"Whether you accept it or not, you're my wife. Unfortunately, for you, it's legal," I said, grinning devilishly at her. Man, I've been wanting to tell this to her, for a while.

Shivaay Singh Oberoi, haath chodne ke liye nahi pakdtha!

"You can't possibly think, I would fall for this!" She said, chuckling nervously, "Let me refresh your memory, it was you who didn't want me with you anymore. It was you who gave me a divorce. It was you who kicked me out of the mansion, dhakhe maar kar!"

"True," I said.

Because it was. I was foolish to even believe Annika would ever do such a thing! I can't believe myself!

I knew something alien must be the reason she did this, although not until recently. I was just too heartbroken, to think about the one she must be going through.

Om and, even at times, Rudhra always had snide remarks for me, ever since she left as if they had a personal secretive vendetta against me. Om was always cryptic with his words about Annika. Last week, when I saw a missed call on Om's phone from her, something, very much a bell, rang in my head.

I mean, what the fuck was I thinking!? This was my kidkitod Annika!

Ever since, she's been haunting me throughout my sleepless nights and stressful days. It got me thinking. It was quite obvious, Annika took a one-eighty degree turn on her own character sketch in a matter of few hours! It was not her. Something else was forcing her.

I couldn't look at my own face in the mirror anymore, without seeing her beautiful self next to me. Every heartbeat, beating her name, and me, twice.

Lub-dub, in the heart. Annika-Annika. Thapad-thapad, on the face. Not very pleasing, having yourself as your enemy. It's fucking torturous. I've had enough of this for three months. I'm absolutely parched of her presence.

I was sure, something was up.

And now, I'm determined to find out what.

I will not rest until I find out what was so much more important than us, that my wife didn't hesitate to sacrifice our love!

"True," I repeated myself, "And now, I am telling. We're still married. I didn't file the divorce. Sorry, babe, you're kind of stuck with me."

"Don't 'babe' me, you prick!"

"Whatever," I smirked, my hand inching upwards grazing the band of her bra. I leaned closer, smelling her hair, as her breath audibly hitched.

"Shivaay," she moaned in a soft voice, driving me crazy, making my heartbeat faster along with hers.

God, I missed her!

It has been three months and I've been deprived of such a love and passion that only she can give me, and that only she evokes in me.

"Annika," I whispered, making her shudder into my body. My lips involuntarily, grazed along her neck and the back of her ear as she started panting. My hand further slid, inside the band, and my nails casually grazed over the obvious 'denty'-mark her bra had made on her soft skin.