Chapter 6: Gauri Omkara Singh Oberoi (neé) Kumari S(h)arma

A/N:

Before I start, let me apologize. I'm really sorry for the slow updates. I'm suffering from a writer's block and since this is a continuation of the show, new developments on the television series is fucking with my brain.

ALSO IN THIS CHAPTER, GAURI'S P.O.V. IS MORE IN ENGLISH THAN HINDI, DESPITE MY NEED TO DO JUSTICE TO HER CHARACTER BECAUSE TBH I ACTUALLY DON'T KNOW MUCH HINDI. I LEARNT SOME OF IT FOR FUN, AND MOST OF MY HINDI KNOWLEDGE IS FROM MOVIES. BEFORE PEOPLE JUMP ON ME FOR THIS, HINDI IS NOT THE NATIONAL LANGUAGE. STOP FUCKING IMPOSING. THANKS.

So, read away! I don't want to keep you guys waiting any longer.

*****

• THE GIRL BEHIND THE VEIL

"Rudy Bhaiya! Arey, aap bhi esaanth hojaiye," I said, "Bhojaaiyee, will talk to us later tonight. Sintha math kiijiye!"

"Haan, woh toh hai!" He replied with a sudden uplift in his mood.

I tried not to give much thought into it.

Rudy Bhaiya, toh, bahuut ajeeb chirota hai. Pehle sey!

"Ok, Chulbul Bhabhi let's go and wait for O in your room," he said, shutting down the ii-skype on his compuuther kithaab.

"Haan, Chalo," I said as we both stood and walked out of his room towards my room, tsk tsk, Omkaraji's Room.

I suddenly gasped as realisation hit me.

Hey, Sankar ji! Rudy Bhaiya is going to Omkaraji's room! Ab hum kaa Kare!? Kaa Kare, kaa Kare?!

Rudy Bhaiya was walking briskly before me, humming some song, since it's not bhajan or satsung, I have no idea what it was.

Wait, that's not important.

Just one more hallway and we'll be in front of that Jataadhaari's room.

Hey, Sankar ji! Show some kripya on your chirayya, pleej!!!

And an idea struck my brain, although it seemed dumb, even to me, I couldn't really think of anything better now!

"Aaah," I yelled and quickly sprawled down, dramatically on to the floor, holding on to my head.

Rudra, immediately turned, and hurried down to my side.

"Kya hua Bhabhi!?" He asked with concern laced over his voice and face. I felt guilty for tricking him like this, but I had also given my promise to Omkaraji that I would not let anyone inside the room.

"Humara Sarr!!" I faked, holding on to my head tighter, and poor Rudy Bhaiya looked visibly frightened by the new developments. "Chakkar aagaya! Hey, Sankar ji!"

"Bhabhi, Bhabhi! You don't worry! I'll carry you to your room. You take rest there I'll get the doctor," he said, in a rushed voice, putting his hands below my knees ready to lift me off to my room.

Yeh, Dumble Singh Oberoi! Always ready with his Dolay Sholay! He will flop my puraa p(i)lan this way!

"Nahi nahi! Aap, pleej, go get me water right now. I'll sit here for sometime and I'll be fine!"

"No, Bhabhi. Please, rest in your bed. Aise kaise floor mein?" He said, puzzled.

"No p(i)roblem, Rudy Bhaiya. Aap harhariyike paani leke aaiye, pleej," I said, giving him a small and, hopefully, convincing smile.