Chapter 13

Disclaimer: vroth owns divergent!!!

Tris pov:

I walk into another day of torture at school and see Toby. It has been 2 months since we broke up and he has been following me around everywhere and won't leave me alone. He keeps trying to ask me out and it's actually kind of sweet, but I just can't hurt him. I went to the doctor last week and he told me I only have about a month left to live. I haven't told anyone besides my family. I don't know how to. I know it's going to hurt Toby the worst but it will be easier for him if we aren't dating. We are best friends though. I was told my hair will most likely come out in the next two weeks or so. I sigh. I say hi to Tobias and I walk to class.

___________________________page break__________________________________________________

I walk into science and go sit next to Christina. " Hey" I say.
"Hey!" she says. All my friends know about my cancer.
"Want to go shopping after school!?" she asks. " Ummm no but sure." I say because I have nothing better to do.
"YAYYY!" she squeals. I see tobias walk in the room and he smiles at me and winks. I blush and look down at my lap. Christina must have seen because she nudges me with her elbow. I look at her and she has a big smile on her face. I shake my head and her smile falls and she sighs in defeat. Ms. Matthews walks in and says "hello class we will be making serums today! You will have 5 different chemicals, one of you will mix the different ones and together and then the other person will have it injected into them. Most of your serums will not work so if yours does work you need to tell me what happened in your simulation." she says.
" Okay I will make it and you will take it" Christina says. " Okay "Is all I say.
I watch as she mixes the blue,grey,and black chemicals and puts it into the needle that will inject me. She hands it to me and I inject it. The world around me fades.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm in a white room and that appears to be empty. I turn my back while looking around the room. When I turn back around I see my family. And Ms.Matthews and she's holding

A gun.

I gulp and she hands me the gun.
" What do you want me to do with this?" I ask confused.
"Kill them." She says.
"what?!" I ask surprised.
"Do it!" She demands
" no!" I yell at her. She pulls out another gun and points it at my head. My breath hitches.
"You have 10 seconds to make your decision." she says.
10

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

This is it

2

What do I do? Me or them.

1

My mom says " it's okay sweetie do it."

Tears are streaming down my face.

"Times up!" Ms.Matthews says.

Then it hits me.

This isn't real

I shoot

My moms body slumps to the ground lifeless. A sob escapes my mouth. It feels so real.

Now inhuman sounds are coming from my mouth as I shoot my dad.
Dead

I look at Caleb and he smiles and nods his head. I shoot and everything goes black.

I shoot up I to a sitting position. Everything is blurry because I am sobbing. I am breathing in and out very quickly. I am still making inhuman noises. I find my self screaming rocking back and forth. Wait. Where am I?
I wipe my eyes and then see everyone surrounding me with concerned looks on their faces. No matter how hard I try I can't stop the loud sobs and tears. " LET US THROUGH!!" I hear 2 people scream. I look around and see Chris and Four being held back by people. Christina also has tears streaming down her face. They are both released. I stand up shakily and Chris runs up to me and I am still crying very loudly. She embraces me in a hug.
" You scared the heck out of me Tris I thought you were going to die! You took the serum and you looked brainwashed. Your eyes were blank. Then after about a minuet you started screaming and crying and collapsed to the floor shaking so much. It got worse and worse and you were twitching and I thought you weren't going to be okay!" Christina says crying. I am still crying but the sobs stopped. I pull away from her and look up to see a terrified Tobias. He walks up to hug me when I get a terrible pain in my whole body.

Then the world goes B L A C K