Chapter 12

Okay I'm updating early bc I have nothing better to do.

Disclaimer: I don't own divergent vroth does.

Tobias pov:

"What?!" why?! what did I do wrong?! It's only been 2 days!!!" I say with tears gathering into my eyes.

" I - I can't tell you." she says softly.

"Why can't you tell me?! I thought you trusted me!" I say hurt.

"I can't" she says a little louder.

" Why tris why?!" I say angrily.

" I SAID I CANT!!!" She screams at me.

" I can't believe you Tris, I thought you loved me, but I guess that was just one big lie-" right when I say that last word Tris says something that kills me inside

" I have cancer."

Tris pov:

" I have cancer" I say. He stands still with his back facing me for about a minuet. It's when he turns around that I see the tears streaming down his face. He runs up to me and embraces me in a tight hug, crying into my neck. I try to hold back my tears but fail. A sob wracks my body as I cry with him. We stay like that for about 5 minuets until we break apart. He leans in to kiss me but I put my finger over his lips and whisper " I said I can't." I pull away and walk back over to the old swings and sit. He comes and sits by me and he says "You realize that trying to keep your distance from me will not lessen my affection for you. All efforts to save me from you will fail." I sigh.

"Toby I'm a grenade, and one day I'm going to explode and obliterate everything in my wake, and, I don't know I just feel like it's my responsibly to minimize the casualties. I don't want you to be hurt if something happens to me." I say.

"Oh, I wouldn't mind, Tris. It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you." He says.

" Tobias you know I love you, but I don't want to hurt you." I reply.

"You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world...but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices. My choice is to not to let you hurt me... You won't hurt me Tris. Please. I wish you could just see that I will be okay." He says.

"The world is not a wish-granting factory." is all I say before leaving without another word.

Yaaaay short chapter but whatever... Oh ya and don't kill me for giving her cancer!"