Chapter 30: The Reconciliation (Finale I)

Start from the beginning

Percy went quiet, letting his words sink in. Soon enough, he heard simultaneous sniffling and then some sobbing from a few campers. He sat there for who knows how long, waiting for them to gather themselves.

"It's been a long road, we came out of it exhausted, scared but we got out of it. We lost some campers, it's never easy losing someone, I know. There are no words that I can express to say how sorry I am for their death and the grief of what you're feeling especially when they had a whole life ahead of them. They died for a good cause and not in vain. The campers we lost will always be remembered and be honored for their sacrifice today. I offer my purest and honest condolences to those who lost someone very important to them."

The Commander lets a few moments pass by, waiting for everyone to calm down before he started speaking again. "Despite all that, you guys made it through. You all did a wonderful job and I couldn't be any prouder. It's been tough, I know, but you made it through and saved your home and even though, we lost a few, I think that counts for something."

Percy finally stood up, with a pained groan that made Fyna twitch in worry. He ran his hands through his hair and said, "I know you've all got questions and I will answer some of them in just a moment, but first, I'd like to address that I know some of you may be wondering about. 'Where were the Gods?'"

Right on cue, a bright light appeared and engulfed the area everyone was in. Everyone instinctively shielded their eyes and when they opened it, they saw a man standing with an interesting baggage behind him, which consisted of tied up Olympians. Everyone's brows furrowed and a questioning look was sent to the Commander.

"As requested, Brother, here's your delivery," the man said, using his hands, he magically flicked the Olympians at Percy's feet.

"Thanks, Aether. I owe you one."

Everyone's, especially the counselors', eyes widened upon hearing the man's name. Another primordial that they didn't expect they'd see.

"Hey, no problem man! Just don't ask me to deal with them again. They're so much more annoying than my kids," Aether groaned. A portal appeared, a bit different from the usual ones they see but a portal nonetheless. "Come by sometimes, we miss you."

Percy gave him a tiny smile and bid him goodbye as the primordial disappeared. It didn't even take half a second for Percy to bring out his sword and aim it to the Gods, with anger burning in his eyes. "Tell me," he demanded. "Which would you rather prefer? I tell your kids what you've been doing while they were out there sacrificing their lives fighting, or I will?"

Everyone had started whispering amongst themselves until the counselors had to settle them down and listen to the scene happening in front of them.

"Do you know how many kids we've lost today? How many of them lying dead in the infirmary, no longer be able to live the rest of their life? None of these wouldn't have happened if you had thought about putting your cowardly asses out there and protected your children. They're kids! You would think centuries would be enough to change your ways but I see that nothing happened. You still hide and cower when enemies come, leaving children to do the work that you should've been doing."

"Don't talk to us that way, boy," Zeus commanded, glaring at the commander. "You have no right. We are Gods and you're nothing but a soldier. Besides, isn't it your fault that those children died? Because clearly, your training wasn't sufficient---"

"Zeus," Hestia cut him off with a warning tone. "I would stop now if I were you."

"No, don't talk, Hestia," the God of Thunder snapped. "I'm tired of this kid acting like he's above us all."

The rest of the Army surged forward, even Fyna, just in time for Percy's wings to burst into flames that can be seen jumping out randomly. Everyone felt their breath being knocked out of their chests as they felt Percy's power and anger spread.