Chapter 1: The Betrayal

Chapter 1

The Betrayal

||Camp Half-Blood ||

*Percy Jackson's Point of View* 

The moon rose from the sky, lighting the dark sky into dim light all the being reflected at the sea like a mirror. It was peaceful and quiet. I'm home.

I emerged from the water, completely dried and tired but otherwise happy and nervous. Emotions swirling inside me like a hurricane. I walked to the shore, grinning upon seeing one of my best friend there. Nico stood at the shore waiting for me. The shadow gathering around him like a magnet. His black hair falling over his brown eyes, occasionally pushing it away annoyed. He's wearing his favorite skull shirt, black pants, and his aviator jacket. His sword made of Stygian iron strapped to his side and his hands stuffed in his pocket.

After the Giant War, Nico and I have become close. We've gotten past that he use to have a crush on me and forgave each other for what had transpired between us. Sure, there's many things but he did them all for a good reason.

He glared at me as soon as I was in front of him. "What took you so long?!" he inquired, "I've been waiting for an hour!"

I grinned sheepishly, scratching the back of my neck "Sorry," I chuckled nervously "But hey! I'm alive! You should be happy that you're best friend is in one piece."

He snorted, "If you've been late for one more minute, I would've chopped you to pieces myself."

I laughed. Still the same as always.

"Did you finish it then?" He questioned me. I've been gone for over 3 months, with the permission of Chiron, to do a quest to get Athena's permission and for the other Olympians too. So that we, the campers, could finally have a peaceful life. I told everyone that I'd be going on a quest that the Gods have personally requested me, which is sort of true. I only told Nico since I needed one person to confide in and that he could keep a secret.

Each God took at least a week and some less than that. The others are hard, like Athena's, Ares' Hera, Zeus', Mr. D's.

"Yeah, thank the Gods. I don't know whether it was a stupid idea or not. Seriously, they were really trying to kill me."

Nico cracked a smile. "Come on, they're probably at the campfire."

"Probably?"

He shrugged, raising his hands in surrender "I haven't been at camp in the past 2 months. I had to do some business at the Underworld." I nodded in understanding before following him, telling him the adventures I've had.

~

Soon, we reached the area. We could hear cheering, and chanting. I frowned and looked over to Nico who shared the same questioning look of 'What did we miss?'

Nico and I entered the area to see everyone gathered around. Even the Olympians!

"Timothy! Timothy! Timothy! Timothy!" They chanted. Timothy is my half-brother who I found out a few months prior my quest. He's an annoying asshole who thinks he's better than everyone else when it's the opposite. I've seen him fight, if he had a fight with a hellhound it'll be over sooner than you think. Or perhaps, he'll flee with his tail tucked between his legs and when he comes back at the camp, he'll tell everyone that he beat tons of hellhounds.

And yes, that did happen. We went on a small quest and I did all the work. He went back to Camp Half-Blood telling that he was sooo great. I tried defending myself but no one listened to me.