Chapter 21: The Memorial of the Fallen

Chapter 21

__The Memorial of the Fallen__

||Percy Jackson||

My eyes snapped open, breathless as if I'd run a mile. I sat up and moved to the edge of the bed, putting my elbow on my legs and covered my face. I felt my wings that had accidentally come out during my nightmare, ruffle in discomfort.

I looked around my hut covered in the silver-light by the moon streaming from the giant opened windows. The ever-so present breeze cooling down my sweat drenched body. I look outside and saw the tides of the lake rise and the void fire receding slowly. Thankfully, it hasn't done any damage. It was a good thing that my powers only stayed in this room and hasn't done any damage because if it does, trust me, it's not only my room that'll be affected but more than that.

~

I headed downstairs just after showering and getting ready for the day, Nevalth in my shoulders. She wanted to go out and see what this infamous camp is. I sat down on the kitchen, the breakfast for us already waiting even Eva's. I sat down, calling out the holographic screen. I set out the files I needed and had gotten to work while I ate.

I heard quiet footsteps enter the kitchen, hesitant. I looked up, my mug halfway to my lips while forcing away the image of my dream--no, rather, my memory of her, "So much for following my orders, huh, Fi?"

She stopped, hands fidgeting, and stuttered, "I-I'm sorry, Percy. I had no choice, Lord Chaos forced me to come."

I raised an eyebrow, smirking from behind my mug. I took a gulp before saying, "Right," I mused, "whatever you say."

"We're just worried about you."

"I can take care of myself, Fyna." I stated firmly, before sighing. "You guys should know better than to eavesdrop." I said towards the door where I knew some of my comrades are. It took a moment for them to actually come in, casually strolling in, whistling as if they'd never been caught.

"So, Perce, hard night last night?" Ethan said, sitting down on his spot and digging into his food.

"What makes you think that?" I asked, finishing my own.

"The whole camp trembled. Don't worry, it was nothing major. Barely noticeable if you're sleeping." He explained with a shrug but I saw that look he gave me.

I ignored it.

"Percy--" Fyna started, her voice filled with warning and worry.

I ignored that too.

Thankfully, I didn't have to answer Ethan either as Nico, Leo with their significant others, looking sheepish to enter. I didn't even bother to wait for their request and had two extra chairs added temporarily.

"Glad you could join us." I greeted, "I don't even want to think about why you're late. I'm just grateful that the whole cabin is soundproof."

Laughter filled the table except for the newly arrived couples who are blushing like mad. I waited for them to finish as I petted Nevalth who seems to be in a playful mood today. "Do you want me to bring Mrs. O'Leary to you or would you like to go to her?" I asked her through the link we had.

"I'd like a change of scenery and fresh air. I'll come with you for today."

I smirked, "No, you don't. You just wanna assess the camp."

"Well, you haven't exactly been offering me a tour to the infamous camp." I could almost see her rolling her eyes at me to which I scoffed at.