Chapter 13: The News

Chapter 13

The News 

=50 years later=

~Earth: Olympus, 600th floor, Empire State Building, Manhattan, New York City~

|Annabeth Chase's Point of View|

I sat on my throne beside my mother, Athena, the goddess of Wisdom just like the other immortal campers with their own parents.

My eyes instinctively looking to Poseidon's throne where two throne at both of his side. One is occupied by an arrogant, selfish, stuck up brat named Timothy who sat as if he's the king of everything when he could barely kill a hellhound. The other is.....empty. Unoccupied.

When a memory appeared on my head, Percy sitting down on the throne when we were at war. Eyes tightly shut and burning as he talk to his father. His lopsided smile and reassuring smile as he step off bits and parts of him singed off. 

I could see his bright smile, his sparkling sea-green eyes filled with happiness and then his cold hurt look as he spoke to the crowd that night and disappeared. A painful tug appeared in my chest and forced myself to look away.

I broke up with Timothy when I found out that he was cheating on me with some girl in Demeter Cabin the whole time and when I had come to my senses. I honestly don't know what got into me, letting go of the most wonderful thing that I ever had for this douche.

Despite being the daughter of Athena, I'm stupid. Beyond that even. 

My hand fiddled with my necklace where aside from my Camp Half-Blood bead necklace lay the ring he had thrown in the fire. I remember jumping into the fire and picking it up, tears of sadness, regret and guilt streaming down my eyes as everything came down on me.

It was supposed to be burned but it was made by Hephaestus which made it fireproof.

I looked to the Hades throne where there was one, also empty.

Hades and Poseidon aren't here yet.

Over the course of the years, both of them still look normal but had lost their spark. THey're just.....there. A walking empty vessel.

It has been 60 years since Percy disappeared and 58 since Nico did too. We've been searching for them only to come out with nothing. Literally nothing.

Like they've disappeared of the face of the earth.

THey couldn't be dead or Hades would've known.

The remaining 7, The Stolls, Reyna, Katie, Will, the annoying Timothy and the head counselors of the other cabins, are granted partial immortality like the Hunters. They had decided that the new campers need role models or something.

The Camp have changed. Everything is still happy and all but there's that dark cloud above us (figuratively) that no one dare touches upon. The thought of the two greatest campers disappearance hanging on us. The guilt and regret and sorrow.

The Olympians have, too, changed. They appear more often and spends time with their children. The disappearance of Percy and Nico switched the flicks inside them.

Every August, we tell stories of the fallen heroes from the Titan War and the Giant War for the whole month at the campfire. August cause those war happened inside those months.

The immortal campers and the fallen heroes have their own statues in Mount Olympus; in camp we have the same thing except not the immortal campers.