Chapter 15: The Departing

Chapter 15

The Departing

~Neulara, Origin~

|Percy Jackson|

"What if they hate us? I mean, we're not wearing cloaks and all." Luke asked, running a hand through his hair, clearly feeling skittish. We were all in our battle uniforms, unseen weapons kept in secret places inside them. 

Nico sighed for the umpteenth time, "Luke, everyone was forgiven the moment you turned on Kronos. Besides, we'll be fighting him, you can be the one to kill him."

To be honest, I'm quite nervous too even when I have no reason to be. We train the campers, we win the war, we leave. That's it. Then, I can finally move on. 

But what if they still hate me? No. I shook my head to clear the thought, I do not care if they hate me. No. They're not in my life anymore. I'm just helping them because if they fail this war, something much worse could happen. 

'No stress, my star.'  I heard Chaos said in my head, clearly seeing the distress I tried to mask. 

'Thank you, Dad.'

Chaos smiled and said to all of us "I'll be going ahead first. I'll be seeing you in Mount Olympus."

Then he disappeared like a camera flash after a blinding white light. 

I waited for a few minutes, before nodding to everyone. All at once, we snapped our fingers.

Every one of us is available to transport themselves though not as fast as I could since I had three major forms of transport: shadow, water, and light. They could also make portals but only could fit for a maximum of 4 people while I could as many as I want, being the son of Chaos after all has its perks. 

Just as I was about to leave, I heard someone call my name and I saw a figure running towards me through the wall of light that surrounded me. I knew who it was instantly, it was a voice and figure I knew so well. 

I stopped. The feeling of weightlessness right before I transport leaving me and grinned. My heart warming at her seeing my departure when I thought she couldn't come. 

"Fyna." 

She grinned, looking breathless and yet still so beautiful, "I got here as fast as I could. Work had captured me and prevented me from coming sooner. Thank Callithrix that I got here on time." 

I smiled, "Thank you for coming to see me." 

Fyna walked closer, brushing a strand of hair that had strayed in front of my face. "Call me when you need me, okay?" 

I scoffed but grinned, "I can take care of myself  just fine."

Fyna rolled her eyes, "Right," she retorted, "And I've handled you for a terribly long time, I know how you are, Perseus Jackson." 

"Of course, you do," I said without any hesitation. "You always do," She could read me no matter how hard I try to hide things. She knows even in my most silent moments. 

 I gathered all my guts and leaned down, slowly. I wanted to go for those pink lips but I resisted, I can't do that to her. Instead, I tilted sideways and kissed  her cheeks; I stayed longer than I should've but there wasn't any ounce of regret in my body. "I'll come back, I always do." 

The bright, white light surrounded me again just as Fyna bid me goodbye and good luck. I felt the weight go off my body and my vision had turned blurry and before I know it, I'm off. I took a deep breath, steeling myself and preparing for what was about to come. 

It's finally time

~

Hey, guys! I know this chapter doesn't really have much. Honestly, it only has like 500 words. The original chapter is about 10 pages on google docs but I'd like to make the return scene nicer. Normally, I have like chapters ready so I only have to edit them and keep adding chapters. But, I wanna change a few things and so, I'm starting now. 

For the return scene, I'd like to know which point of view would you like it to be in? The original one was Annabeth's. And because I love you guys so much, I'm willing to add elements of what you guys suggest for this scene (or the rest of the story, in fact). So, I'd like your suggestions. I'd take them into if they fit the story or if I find some way, I always find one so it's likely they will be put in. 

Anyway, I hope you sort of enjoy this short chapter! Thank you guys so much for reading and voting and commenting and all in all supporting this story. I'd be waiting for your suggestions. 

Thanks for the wait only to be left with a (sort of) cliffhanger, (tee hee) XD

If I get enough suggestions then the update would probably be much easier!

~Leannexo