“You seem to be in a highly doubtful nature tonight,” Levi observed. Anna wanted to tell him. She wanted to tell him everything. But how could he possibly understand a thing? “I'm just scared.” she admitted. “To be truthful, Hysteria scares the shit out of me. Because... I'm the only person in the world than can damage her...”

“Maybe that's your true purpose in this world.” Levi spoke with a cold tone. “No,” Anna replied, even colder, stepping in to block his view. She caressed his face between her soft and warm palms. “It's not my only purpose.” Levi placed a hand over one of hers and closed his eyes. “You have to tell me if there's anything I can do to help you. Promise me.”

“Levi...” Anna whispered. “I want to tell you everything. But...there are some things I need to keep secret for your sake. For everyone's. Just because... I can't remember the full details. And if I can't remember, I could say something bad and hurt more people than I try to help. You understand that, don't you?”

“I... I'll try to understand,” Levi bowed his head to her. “I trust you'll make the right decisions.” Anna slipped her arms around his neck and pulled him into a tight embrace. “What did I ever do to deserve you?”

“Such a cliché line, Annalise. You went through hell and back. You deserve more than just my love.” Anna smiled at his words. “Whether I do or not, all I need in my life is you. My world revolves around you, Levi. Without you, I am nothing.”

“Whatever this world throws at you, Anna, promise me that you'll stay safe. Don't go out there and risk your life for some dumbass reason. Even... Even if you're the only one who can kill her... I am selfish to not want you to. Because there's a chance she could severely hurt you. I couldn't live with myself if you were hurt again.”

“Yes...” Anna drawled in a distant tone, her eyes shifting to across the room. “Without her as a part of me now, I'm completely human. I can't even heal a scratch in the same amount of record time I used to be able to. If I were to be stabbed or shot, there's no chance of recovery for me.” she slipped out of his arms and walked over to a chair in the room by the bed to take a seat.

“Levi, I don't know what will happen next. Rose used to say I had something called savoir-faire, meaning that I knew what to do in any situation but... I... I can't find a solution to this problem anymore. At least...not one that's going to end well.” her beautifully odd-colored eyes flickered up to meet his gaze. “Listen to me, Anna,” he walked over to her side. “I've had many people die on me. I've said many people's lives. I will risk my own life if something ever happened to you—”

“Levi!” she gasped.

“I would.” he continued sternly. “Wherever you went...if there's a heaven or hell, I'll follow you there. If you ran away, I'd chase you and bring you back to me. No matter what... I... I'll always find a way to be with you.” Anna noticed his shaky breath and reached up to wipe the tears from his face. His expression shifted once he felt the wetness of his own face. He hadn't even known he was crying.

“Whatever happens, I'll stay in your heart forever. This I swear.” she whispered, taking his hands in her own. “I love you. Forever...and always.”

“If only our wedding was this sentimental.” he sighed, but Anna kept a smile on her face. “At least we had a wedding— however bad it was. I'm still happy to be married to you.”

“It just doesn't make any sense how a stubborn shithead like you walked into my life and changed everything,” Anna grinned a bit at his words. “It takes one stubborn shithead to get to the core of another's heart.”