Chapter 41

Shawn's POV:
Where should I start? She could be everywhere but the most logical place to start is at her house. Thank god the effect of the drink gets less and less. I'm not dizzy anymore.

I start to run along the street. I constantly look left and right to make sure thatI don't miss her. Panting I come to a stop to catch my breath as I hear a scream.

A girl screamed. Maggie? I run towards the noise. It came from a green house. Can I just walk into the garden? "Help!" I hear the girl scream again. It know the voice. This has to be her.

I open the fence and run to the pool where I see a man kneeling next to the pool. He's pushing her head underwater. "Hey! Go away from her!" I shout. The man looks over to me but I can't see his face.

He stands up, jumps over the fence and runs away. "Maggie!" She doesn't move. I quickly jump into the pool and take her in my arms, holding her head above the water. She starts to cough. Thank god.

I carry her out of the pool and lay her onto the grass. She tries to breath normally again. "Maggie? Are you okey? Are you hurt?" I ask. She shakes her head and holds onto my shirt still unable to say something.

I pull her onto my lap, holding her tightly. We stay like this for a while. It feels so good to have her in my arms. She calmed down a bit and is now shaking. I don't know if it's from the shock or from the cold wind.

I pull back a bit and she looks at me with big, glossy eyes. "Thank you." she whispers. A tear rolls down her cheek. I kiss it away and smile at her softly. "What happened?" she asks and touches my cheek carefully.

„It doesn't matter I'm okey. Do you know who it was?" I ask, rubbing her back to keep her a bit warm. I would give her my jacket but it's completely soaked. She shakes her head.

"Okey. You are save now, Maggie. Let's go home before you get ill." I say, take her phone which is lying on the grass and pick her up. "I can walk, Shawn. You can't carry me all the way home." she giggles. "But this is way more fun." I say smirking and start to run. "Shawn stop." she laughs.

I shake my head and keep running but soon I'm out of breath. "I told you so." She whispers smiling. "I'm just making a pause." I say and pick her up again but this time I put her over my shoulder.

„Shaaawn." whines. "Please let me down." she chuckles. I put her down and take her hand in mine. "Shawn?" she mumbles. "Can I stay at yours tonight...?" she adds. "Of course." I'm glad she asked.

I have to explain her the kiss with Leah. A smile spreads across her face and we start to run home. I unlock the front door and we stumble into the warm house. I sigh. "Come on let's get changed." My parents aren't home and I actually don't know where Aaliyah is but her room is empty.

I take sweatpants shorts from Aaliyah and a hoodie from me and throw it over to Maggie. "You can change in the bathroom. I'll be right back." I say and take some clothes for me too. I change and walk downstairs to get something to eat. I decided to make pancakes and hot chocolate.

A few minutes later I hear Maggie coming downstairs. She looks like she's about to cry. I walk over to her and hug her tightly. "Maggie it's fine. Whoever he was, I'm never gonna let him hurt you again. Don't worry, okey?" I say trying to calm her down. "Okey." She whispers and hides her face in my chest.

„Are you hungry?" I ask. She nods smiling and walks over to the kitchen counter. "The pancakes are almost ready. Here." I say and give her a cup of hot chocolate. She sits down on one of the stools and watches me cooking.

I finish the pancakes and put them on two plates for us. We start to eat. Silence filled the room. I don't really know what to say but I think it doesn't bother her. She yawns and rubs over her eyes with the sleeves of my way too big sweater.

She looks adorable. I smiles at her and she stops to eat. "What?" she asks confused. "Nothing." ask smiling. "Tired?" She nods. We finish the pancakes and put the dishes into the sink.
I'm standing behind her when she suddenly turns around and bumps into me. "Sorry." she says yawning again. "No problem." I whisper.

I take a step forward causing her to take a step back. Her back leans against the counter and I put my hands on her hips. She furrows her eyebrows and wants to walk to the side but I hold her back. "Maggie... I have to tell you something and please let me finish before you say something." I say.

My gaze doesn't leave hers the whole time. I take a breath and start to talk. "Remember the weird drink I had to drink at the party?" She nods, waiting for me to continue. "It wasn't noticeable for me at first but after you left and I was searching for you, I got really dizzy and almost didn't see anything.

It was all blurry and I started to see things that weren't there. I was on the dance floor when I thought that I found you but it was Leah." She looks away after I said that.

I place my hand on her cheek and make her look at me again. "I know you saw Leah and me kissing but I thought it was you. You didn't see how I pushed her away because you were already gone." I explain. "Maggie please believe me." 

„Why does it bother you if I believe it or not. You love someone else." she mumbles the last part and tries to get away but I won't let her. Not again. "What are you talking about?" I ask confused.

"It's okey Shawn, it really is. If you love Leah then I'm happy for you two." she says her voice cracking at the end. "I don't love Leah! Why would you think that?" 

„What? She told me that you love someone else and you didn't tell me because you didn't want to hurt me after the relationship with Damian, which Shelley told you about.

And after I saw you kiss Leah, I assumed she's the one you love..." she rambles but I stop her. "What? No! First of all I don't love Leah. She seriously told you that? Second of all who is Damian?" I ask.

I don't get it anymore why would Leah do that? Oh... She seriously told Maggie that I love someone else. Maggie just shrugs and looks down again. "That's why you wouldn't talk to me?" She nods. I start to grin.

„Wait. Does that mean you like me? More than a friend?" I question her and walk another step closer, still holding her waist. She look up to me and her face gets red.

„Shawn I... I love you." she says and sighs. I start to grin even more. I can't wait anymore.