Chapter 9

Maggie's POV:

Ahhh finally a sunday I can enjoy. I don't have to be afraid about Aron, I don't have any homework and I don't have to learn.

Wait. Oh no, I forgot the maths exam on Wednesday. I have to study for that because I'm so bad in maths. It just doesn't make sense to me. I smack my hand onto my face groaning.

"What's wrong?" Shawn asks furrowing his eyebrows. God that looks cute. We are currently sitting in a little ice cream shop and Shawn was about to tell me something

important. "Maggiiee!" Shawn says flicking his fingers in front of my face. " Oh y- yeah sorry" I say blushing. "What is with the school festival?" I ask.

"So umm.. well I'm going to perform my own song at the school festival " Shawn replys smiling brightly. " What? Oh my god really? That's awesome! I tell you, soon you are going to stand i front of thousands of people ! I want to hear the song! " I almost scream.

He always wanted to be a singer and his voice is just amazing. "Not so fast Maggie" he chuckles. "I'm sorry but you have to wait until the festival " he adds. " Aww come on ! I want to hear it!" I say trying my best puppy eye look.

"Nope sorry" he grins. "Well, now you have to help me with learning for my maths exam." I pout looking sad. "I would love to my dear princess" he says looking serious while extending one arm out for me to take.

I stand up walking away from him like a diva. I hear him laugh behind me and suddenly he runs out the door. "The first one at the car has to order and pay for a pizza!" he shouts.

Immediately I start to run after him . "That's not fair!" To my surprise I get to the car before him. He probably let me win.

The car ride was really calming. Shawn started to quietly sing to a song which was on the radio. I just stare at him again. What's wrong with me lately? Why do I feel so save everytime I'm around him.

When Aron started to hit me, I always went to Shawn. Of course I never told him the real reason, I just said that I had a nightmare about my mom dying.

Well, that's not a complete lie. I often have nightmares since my mom has to be in the hospital. But not the ones where you wake up and know it was all just a dream. I have the ones where you can't just wake up. The ones, where you start screaming and crying because it feels so real.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice we are already standing in front of my house. "What about you grab your stuff and we drive back to me? My parents aren't home and Aaliyah neither. You could stay the night." he says smiling.

"Sure I'll be back in 5 minutes!" I quietly walk into my room pack everything I need for a sleepover and for school tomorrow. We arrive at Shawns house and lay onto the bed taking my maths stuff out.

After 2 and a half horrible hours later I don't even listen to what Shawn tries to explain to me anymore. I let my face fall onto a pillow.

"Well you are not listening anyways. I think you learned enough for today." I don't answer when I suddenly feel the bed move but before I could look up, I feel two strong arms turning me over and starting to tickle me.

"Shawn s-stooop" I scream while laughing. I try to wiggle out of his grip but he just holds me tighter. He wraps his arms around my stomach, exactly where my bruise is. "Ahhh Shawn that hurts" I shout.

He immediately stops when he realizes that I'm not laughing anymore. He looks at me worried. "I'm so sorry Maggie. I forgot about the bruise. Are you okey?" he asks helping me to sit up.

"I'm fine Shawn. It just hurts when someone touches it." I answer taking his hand in mine. " Okey, what about we order a pizza and the we are going to watch a movie?" he offers smiling.

I agree happily and search for a movie, while Shawn orders a pizza. "Shawn I forgot to bring clothes to change for the night with me. I'll go and get them." "Oh wait, you can have something from me." he answers throwing a hoodie in my face.

"Your are such a gentleman." I giggle sticking my toung out. I walk into the bathroom to change but as I walk out again, I start to feel a bit uncomfortable. I'm just wearing his hoodie and my underwear. Oh come on it's not like he hasn't seen me in a bikini.

I jump onto the bed next to him and he starts the movie.
"Frozen? Really" he asks raising an eyebrow. I just smile taking a piece of the pizza. After we finished eating I lay my head onto his chest and he lays his hand on my back.

My eyes feel heavy and the last thing I felt before falling asleep was Shawn stroking my back and kissing my forehead.