All sort of questions filled my mind as I tried to come in terms with the sudden discovery. Is he the one she told me about on our first date? The guy she was in love with? But why hasn’t she said anything to me till now? I was partly to be blamed. It was me who told her that I wasn’t interested in her past.

   I remember the day when I went searching for her in the Mc Gill’s private wing. When I saw them together for the first time in the room, I had sensed something. But I ignored that gut feeling. Every time he was around, it bothered me. But I thought I was reading too much into things.

 Things were beginning to make more sense and were falling into place.

“Damn it.”

I cursed myself as a wave of frustration took over me. But didn’t she say that it was a one sided thing? A picture speaks a thousand words. And this picture in my hand, it seems to be telling me something else.

****

Min Ho

  She left so abruptly. There were so many things I wanted to talk about. When will I get the chance?

  Standing in the front lawn and watching the street, I was lost in my thoughts. I didn’t realise that Daniel had come up and was standing next to me.

“Hey, I didn’t see you.”

I was surprised to find him there.

“You were really good today. I didn’t stand a chance.”

I told him again. But there was still no reply. He was just staring ahead looking at the empty street. What’s wrong with him? There was an air of uneasiness, his behaviour leaving me perplexed.

“You like her, don’t you?”

He asked me finally breaking the silence. He had noticed it.

“You figured it out.”

I replied after a pause. It felt like I was in the eye of a storm.

‘You think I wouldn’t?”

He questioned back. He was trying to steady his voice. His anger was justified in a way so I remained quiet.

“All these times…I don’t believe it.”

He was shaking his head in disbelief.

“Let me get this straight to you. If you are thinking that after knowing everything I will back out? You are greatly mistaken because I will not.”

He went on,

“What do you expect? That one fine day, you can just walk in and I will let you take her away from me?”

Trying to maintain my calm, I was listening to him speak.

“If you liked her, why did you let go of her in the first instance?”

The fact that I wasn’t giving him a reply was driving him more over the edge.

“You should have thought twice before doing that.”

He charged me further. It was time to let him know what I felt for her. Taking a deep breath, I finally spoke up,

“I lost her once. I don’t want to lose her again.”

“Yeah, right.”

He retorted back. His reply marked by sarcasm.

“And yes, Daniel. I don’t like her.”

My reply puzzled him and he was looking intently at me.

“I love her.”

I replied making sure that he heard me clearly. I found my answer. Those million questions that I kept asking myself had found their answer. I could make out that my answer had hit him hard. His facial expression had hardened and he didn’t know how to react to my last reply. Both of us were staring at each other with none of us wavering.

*

“Daniel”

I heard Ava take his name. She had come out from the house and was standing at a distance. She wasn’t aware of the confrontation and the verbal exchange that took place between Daniel and me.

****

Ava

“Daniel.”

I was calling out his name. Daniel was standing in the front yard with him and it seems they were deep in conversation.

“Dinner is almost ready. Mandy wants us inside the house.”

I added relaying Mandy’s message.

  Suddenly, I saw Daniel walking towards me without speaking a word. Before I realised, he had close the distance between us and then he hugged me.

“Daniel.”

I said startled by it. Daniel had never been vocal about his feelings and had always maintained the distance. I was confused. Why is he suddenly acting like this?

“You don’t know how worried I was today.”

He told me while still holding me close. At a distance, I saw someone take a step forward and stopping in his tracks. Our gaze met and I can’t comprehend what I saw in those eyes.

“Please don’t ever do that to me again.”

Daniel said in a low voice catching my attention. He was right. I don’t know what had happened to me today. How can I forget about Daniel?

“I wouldn’t…Daniel.”

I replied finally, my voice barely a whisper as I somehow managed to tear away my gaze from someone.

**************************************************************************************************************

A/N

This chapter is dedicated to my friend @sayruq

P.s I came across a blog by Ana White and there was a beautiful picture of a DIY wooden porch swing in it. I instantly felt in love with it. The wooden porch I mentioned in this chapter is inspired by the same swing. I have to thank her.

*Thank you for reading. Till my next upload, love you & take care always.

Pace My Heart (A sequel to *Happy To Meet You*)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें