Chapter-26

I quietly slipped inside the private room he was staying. I had a night shift in the E.R and I thought of checking up on him when he will probably be asleep. It was the third post-operative day and I still had not seen him after the surgery. I know that I have been avoiding it but today I felt like catching a glimpse of him.

Just as I thought, I found him sleeping alone in the room. I had talked to the nurse posted tonight in the nurse station who informed me that she had already given him the night medications and he was alone in the room at the moment.

The light in the room had been dimmed saved for the faint light near his bed. I stood at a distance looking at him without making any sound because I didn't want him to wake up.

After all these times, he still looks the same. I thought, studying his face closely. Maybe his hairs appeared a bit longer than last time and yes, there was an air of maturity around him. Otherwise, it was...It was the same. The same handsome face looking serene and peaceful with his eyes closed. His chest rising and falling slowly with every breath he took.

Is he feeling allright? I thought, silently watching him from afar. If only I could go up and ask him if he is fine. Suddenly, I find him stirring in his sleep. I hold my breath, hoping that he didn't wake up and find me there standing. Thankfully, he didn't.

I wanted to get a closer look at him. I gingerly step forward only to halt my steps as the voice inside told me. No, Ava. Stop....Stay where you are. Don't go near him.

I am doing the right thing. I told myself while giving my last looks at him before exiting the room quietly. I have to stay away from him. I have to. I kept telling myself.

******************************************************************************

A/N

The updated list of cast will be put up on the next upload. Thank you.