Chapter-36

The second course was spring greens salad with poached egg served with Baguette bread slices. Everyone seems to be having a good time. The conversations at the table were easy flowing. Amit and Simran looks like very much in love and I couldn't help smiling watching both of them. Once or twice, I will glance at him and he appeared to be totally at ease with everyone else. I can see him smiling to himself deep in conversation with Owen.

For the third course, we had prepared chicken breasts with tomato-herb pan sauce to be served along with baked potatoes mixed with sour cream and cheese. Mandy and both of us were changing the plates after each course and bringing in the next. Everytime, I keep the plate on the table for him, he will politely thank me. I didn't know what to reply so I will quietly walked away.

The dinner was nearing the end and it was time to serve the desserts. 

"Ava, has made the dessert herself. Isn't she a good cook?" 

Mandy was asking everyone at the table. 

"This is delicious.This is just how my mom makes it. But you have used a different type of rice." 

Simran told me with a smile helping herself to the dessert. 

"Thank you. I am glad you liked it." 

I replied feeling happy that she liked it. 

"It was smelling so good. I knew it will be good." 

Daniel said to me with a grin.

"I guess Dr.Daniel is a lucky guy." 

I heard Owen speak from across the table. 

"I am sure lucky." 

Daniel replied to him. 

"Daniel." 

I said feeling embarassed. He was chuckling to himself.

"Can I see that?" 

Simran asked me and I was wondering what she was speaking about. She was sitting directly opposite me across the table. Before I realised, she had pick up my phone that was lying on the table. 

"This is so pretty. It even sparkles." 

Simran was holding my phone in the air and checking the silver mobile chain that was dangling from it.

"That mobile chain? Well, there's a story behind it." 

Amit said to Simran. No, please. I thought feeling alarmed. I had totally forgotten about my phone and had kept it on the table beside me. 

"She lost it once during the first year residency. Remember, Owen?"

"You mean the one she went crazy searching for? She spend one whole night looking for it inside the hospital campus." 

Owen had joined in the conversation much to my dismay.  

"She was nearly in tears and when we told her that it's just a mobile chain. You know what she replied?" 

Amit said to Simran.

"That she will die if she looses it." 

Owen was laughing remembering exactly what I had told him when I lost it once. 

This is the heights of embarassment. I thought feeling frustated and closing my eyes. There were two things I wanted to do at the moment. First I wanted to kill Owen and Amit. Second I wanted to hide under the table. Both of them were not possible so I remained quiet. 

"Come on, guys. Stop making fun of her. I am sure someone special must have given it to her." 

Simran was scolding both of them. By now, I was totally flustered.

"I didn't know that you were so much attached to it." 

Daniel said in a low voice without looking at me. 

"Hmm..." 

I mumbled not knowing what to say. Taking the glass of water, I drank it in one go. I could feel the warmth of my cheeks. I know that I must be red by now and the fact that someone was looking at me from the other end of the table was making it worst.

***

Min Ho

"Will you stop whispering in her ears?" 

I wanted to ask him badly. I mean you could normally talk to her without whispering. There was a slight irritation inside me watching him from across the table. I didn't realised that Mandy was looking at me. I caught her smiling at me and I returned an awkward smile.

"Ava has made the dessert herself. Isn't she a good cook?" 

I heard Mandy asked us. She made this herself? I was trying the dessert. It had a nice creamy nutty flavour and it was the first time I was trying something like it.

"I guess Dr.Daniel is a lucky guy?" 

Owen was speaking to him with a forceful smile. What's with him? I thought watching Owen. He was looking miffed. 

When I again looked up, Simran was holding a phone with a familiar mobile chain in her hand. She still has it? I was surprised. The guys were making fun of her because she had lost it once.  

After all these times, she had kept the star shaped mobile chain which I had brought for her because I ended up breaking her old one. Does that mean anything? I was trying to catch her attention but she was avoiding my glance.  

Is she blushing? You can make out when she blushes. Her face will turn a deep shade of pink. Suddenly, all the irritation seemed to go away and I found myself smiling watching her from a distance. 

I took another spoonful of the dessert she made and this time it seems to taste more sweet.

************************************************************************************************************

A/N 

Past midnight. Hope everyone will like the new chaps. I had a good time drafting them.Kindly note that there are two POVs in this chapter.

P.S Thank you. Till my next upload.Take care always.