Chapter-46

“Owen, I got to run.”

I said while checking my watch. Having finished my day’s shift, I was preparing to leave the ER.

“Hey. Have fun.”

Owen spoke aloud to me as I was rushing out.

“Thank you, I will. Catch you later.”

I replied with a smile waving my hand. After exiting the ER, I hurriedly made my way to the resident room’s to change my scrubs.

*

At a distance, I saw him patiently waiting for me outside the Mc Gill hospital entrance. On seeing me come out of the lobby, he was waving his hand at me.

“Hi.”

“Hello.”

“I am sorry. Are we running late?”

I asked worried because it took me a while to gather my stuffs.

Checking his own watch, he replied

“No, I think we will be able to reach in time.”

“Are you going to drive?”

There was no one else with him and he was holding out the door to his car for me.

“Of course, I am going to drive. Now, hurry.”

He answered a bit amused by my question while ushering me in the front seat of the Audi.

   Both of us were planning to meet Jack and Mandy at the North Evanston University campus. Jack had asked us if we would like to join them to watch a regular season soccer match to be played in the university stadium. Evanston college soccer team under the North Evanston University would be playing against Michigan College, the visiting College soccer team in a regular season match. Jack’s friend, a colleague at the university’s athletics department was the coach of the soccer team. From the day Jack invited us, he had been talking enthusiastically about it and I could make out that he was looking forward to the match.

*

  We reached the university stadium in time and met with a big crowd. As both of us made our way through the crowd, we spotted Jack and Mandy already waiting for us in the stands.

  While waiting for the match to begin, Jack was explaining to us the details of the coming up match. In the middle of our conversations, Jack spoke to him.

“Actually, there is something else too. I am sorry that I didn’t tell you this beforehand but I told my boys that you would be coming.”

“Ah…You shouldn’t have.”

He replied modestly brushing it off with a smile.

“No, seriously. You have no idea how excited they were on hearing that you will be coming to watch the match. Most of them have seen your last movie and then there is the buzz about the next. I sort of promised my boys that I will get them to meet you if they win this match,” Jack insisted.

“What?”

He exclaimed. He was laughing hearing Jack’s explanation.

“It doesn’t matter if they win or lose this match. I would be more than happy to meet them.”

He added assuring Jack.

“Wow, excellent bro. Thank you. This means a lot to me. I am going to go and tell them right now.”

Jack replied sounding grateful that he readily agreed to meet them after the match. He had started moving when I saw him turning to face us, a big grin on his face.