Yi

Sorry readers, just have to get the basic background story out of the way. After this chapter it gets way better. Trust me (:

Copyright ©MaruadingMarlen 2012

The moral right of the author has been asserted. All rights reserved. This story is published subject to the condition that it shall not be reproduced or retransmitted in whole or in part, or in any manner, without the written consent of the copyright holder, and any infringement of this is a violation of copyright law.

So plain and simple, don't steal.

Stealing my ideas is also called intellectual plagiarism, and is also not accepted.

*****

Chapter 1:

 It pumped through my veins as if it was a part of my blood, making me a stronger, more courageous person... In reality I was just hiding behind the bushes, waiting for the right moment to strike- though the adrenaline flowed through my veins, making me impatient.

 It's just another day, I told myself and took a deep breath to relax a bit.

 I heard the rustling of leaves and my head snapped in that direction. Crouched, and very carefully, I made my way over to the faint dirt path until I saw his tall lanky figure- he had always been more physically developed for his age. Now, I told myself, and with long steps I quickly closed up the distance between us. I used my last step to jump up on his back.

 I smiled, I've just caught the uncatchable. With my added weight to his, we tipped over onto the forest floor. I fell off his back on the process.

 "Venus", he said my name annoyed," the person who is IT isn't supposed to be hiding" he stood and stuck out his hand for me to take, and I gladly did," that defeats the whole purpose of hide and seek" he scolded me.

 I giggled and hoped onto his back again. He started to walk out of the woods.

 "This makes hide and seek more fun", I huffed making a small pouty face.

 He rolled his eyes, even though I couldn't see his face I could tell that he did. "This defeats the entire purpose of the game", He complained- not only was he tall, he was really smart for his age too. But he was sulking that I had reversed the rules. I started to feel guilty for ruining the game.

 I rested my forehead on the back of his head. His hair was tickling the tip of my nose.

 "I'm sorry." I mumbled into his hair. I said it quietly but he still heard. He always heard.

 "It's okay, Vee" he used his nickname for me, "You're still my best friend. Even when you don't listen to the rules" he laughed.

 I immediately perked up, "You'll always be my best friend too Tristan!"

 "Yes. Always!" He shouted at the top of his lungs. It sent a few birds flying into the sky.

 "Ms. Ballentyne"

 The voice shook me out of my memory.

 I suddenly wasn't 5 and in the woods with my best friend, I was 17 and in my Economics class. With about 30 pairs of eyes staring at me.

 I cleared my throat, "Yes?"

 "Please do stop making distracting faces while I am trying to teach." My econ teacher said looking pretty annoyed.

 I felt my face flare up. "Yes sir, sorry" I muttered while trying to sink further into my chair. The teacher accepted it and turned back to continue writing on the white board.