San-Shi-Si

This chapter is complete as of 11/24/2015.

I know I've been MIA for the past few months, but no more hiatus like that, I promise.

If I do not update in a timely manner (holy shit I sound pro) feel free to contact me via any social media to remind me- like seriously, I need it sometimes.

ATTENTION HARMINOZERS: I wholeheartedly recommend you check out  @smilelovato . Her work will make you cry. (I'm not just saying this cos she's my roommate either *shrug**shrug*)

The tension that hung around all of our stunned forms made the air thick.

So thick, it was hard to breathe.

"Oh my baby!" came the sweet coo from my Grandma Carol. She stepped out from behind Grandfather Gregory and ran to cup my fathers face between both her hands.

My father stood there, looking perplexed as his mother coddled him.

"Your... granddaughter?"

"Yes," Grandfather stood taller, "Venus and Andromeda are my only grandchildren."

Nick ran a hand through his hair, looking at me with astonished eyes, all while mouthing out a very long 'shi-it'. I glanced at Alpha Henry and saw his hand enclose into tight fists.

You see—this is a really big deal.

There is a small group of Elders. These Elders supersede all Alpha law. They are not corrupt. Nor rash.

They are intelligent. They have strength. They are the wisdom of an entire pack.

Each pack has an Elder (plus mate) and each of these Elders constitute a council.

Consider them the Supreme Court of sorts. Except, that there's no one to keep them check. Elder's are never wrong and hardly ever meddle in pack affairs unless the situation is dire and calls for it.

I don't remember if we have a King, but they would be considered his advisors and comrades. All equal. (Minus the fact that the King has royal blood.)

Even then, becoming Elder wasn't easy. It was bestowed upon you and considered the highest honor.

But its like someone from the Supreme Court decided to show up for dinner at your house.

Everyone in the room was speechless.

"Who-" Alpha Henry began to ask which one of us two had called him when my grandfather raised a hand to cut him off.

"I would like to speak with both in my son's study."

"Oh! Constance! You look so lovely!" Grandma had moved on from inspecting Father to complimenting Mother.

Unlike the rest of us Grandma was a very, very, cheerful person. An optimist, if you will.

"Of course." Alpha Henry said breathlessly. He was probably trying to contain the anger from showing in his voice.

"This way father." My father lead grandfather into the foyer.

"Wait, son, could you give me some water?" Grandfather then turned to look at us, "Girls just wait for me in the study, I will join you shortly."

I didn't bother looking at Alpha Henry as I tailgated Andromeda into the soundproofed room. I was so close behind her; I wouldn't be surprised if I accidently stepped on the back of her shoe—causing it to slip off.

Andromeda closed the door behind us and whipped around so quickly I wouldn't be surprised if she complained of whiplash later. Her glare though, it could kill. Now that surprised me.