San-Shi-San

This chapter is complete. I am dedicating this chapter to gabokiki

 Because her dad is named Zoltan ahahaha

"Hmm..." The doc hummed before scribbling something else down on his clipboard.

I huffed out another breath, trying to regulate my breathing. I wiped the sweat off my face with the back of my wrists sweatband. I had lost track for how long I had been running on the treadmill. The heart monitor kept a loud and steady beat as I kept my speed constant.

"Subject seems unresponsive." Zoltan murmured before looking away from my vitals to also write something down on his cliboard.

I nearly stopped running, "hey! I'm not just some subject."

"Hey Planet girl, did you know that a day on Venus lasts longer than a year?"

"No," I huffed out. How long had I been running? I barely had any breath to speak.

"It takes two hundred and forty-three days to rotate on its axis but the planets orbit around the Sun takes two hundred twenty-five days. Pretty cool, huh?"

"Aria stop distracting her. She needs to focus." Zoltan scolded her before going back to check on my vitals, again.

Aria harrumphed before lying her head down on the Doc's table, "maybe if I had been fed I wouldn't be so cranky like—"

Doc snapped his head up and swiftly cut in, "Listen here you little goblin! I offered you food!"

I let out a loud laugh that distracted everyone from the impending fight. They all turned to look at me with exhausted faces. We had been at it since early in the morning. I had snuck out under the pretenses that I would be staying with Robin in the hospital. But they didn't even bother to check that visiting hours weren't even open yet.

Nick, luckily, had to meet me later since he had to run the perimeter. Alpha Henny had upped the security since the rogue rumor.

"Wow," Aria breathed, "I don't think I've ever seen you laugh before."

"You've only known me three days." I deadpanned.

"She has a point. You're not usually one so vocal with your emotions." Doc added in.

I stayed quiet and looked back towards the window. I knew it was because I shut out my emotions but I never actually thought it was noticeable. I had emotions. I just didn't really show them all that much.

"Alright. Stop running." Doc slowly lowered the speed on the treadmill and when I came to complete stop he gestured to me to lift up my arm. I did. He pealed back the gauze to look at the shot he had given me earlier today when I had arrived.

Doc and Zoltan had stayed up all night formulating, recalculating, and finally agreeing on a safe dose. It felt like I was in an episode of House M.D.

"No discoloration, discharge, or irritation." Doc commented carefully moving my arm back and forth to make sure he wasn't missing anything. Zoltan nodded and dutifully wrote down what he said.

They were an efficient team, I noticed.

A loud grumbling noise came from my abdomen diverting the attention from my arm to my empty stomach.

"Maybe you should go grab something to eat." Doc commented, worried that he was starving out his "Luna".

"Yeah, I skipped breakfast." I agreed.

Aria hopped up and gracefully landed on the tips of her feet. "I'll come with!" Zoltans head shot up from whatever he was writing. Aria noticed and batted her eyelashes at him, "Please Zoltan!"