Shi-Jiu

“Girl, look at you!” Robin gushed poking at my stomach.

 I swatted at her hand, “stop that.”

 I looked away from my laptops screen long enough to narrow my eyes at her before turning back.  I was working on my thesis paper, and if she keeps distracting them I’m going to get nothing done.

 “But this is the first time I noticed how skinny you are!” she whispered.

 I rolled my eyes, its all the hours of training I’ve undergone. Like seriously, my body is practically prepped to run a marathon. So if while being taught how to defend myself, its inevitable that my bodies going to change.

 But of course, Robin is just beginning to notice all the changes on my body.

 “If you value your finger, you’d stop.”

 This only made her laugh, “grown a pair as well I see.”

 The librarian walked by our desk to glare at Robin. As soon as her back was turned, Robin made a mocking face at her, “Quiet! Quiet!” she silently whispered in a shrill voice.

 I couldn’t hold back the smile that found its way to my lips.

 “Ah, see. Got ya’ to smile.” She said leaning back far enough in her chair to put her boot clad feet up onto the table.

 I pushed her thigh causing her legs to fall off the desk, “Do your homework Robin.”

She groaned but started working anyways.

 It’s been nearly a week now since my suspension was issued. I haven’t been to school once, and Robin has been bringing all my work to my house, which in turn causes her to do all her work.

 According to Robin, my reputation was been through the roof the first few days, but someone calmed down the wildfire of rumors told everyone that I just transferred schools.

 Yeah, because that makes sense for me to transfer schools a few months before graduation.

 I swear, sometimes the stupidity of the people who attend my school amazes me.

 As of right now, Robin and I are in the library working on our homework. She’s still giving Zak the cold shoulder for talking to her like that and while he’s not showing it to her, its really getting to him. The second she leaves he begins to mop around the house.

 On those rare moments when she begins to laugh in front of him, he smiles widely making it appear as if he’s overflowing with joy.

 So we decided to come work at the library. Its  nice break from Alpha Henny’s demanding orders. I get it that as Alpha he’s constantly under a lot of pressure, he still doesn’t have to take it by being super strict on me and Brady.

 He wont let Brady visit Criss!

 Robin sighed before turning to look at me, “Criss was supposed to be here by now.”

 I glanced at the clock on my laptop, “Don’t worry its only been a few minutes.”

 She shrugged and went back to work, “I have archery practice in an hour, if he doesn’t show up I have to leave.”

 I had to be back at the house by two, because at two thirty the pack meeting would start. Its important for me to show because Alpha Henny wants me to show my support, after I’ve missed all the other meetings due to one reason or another medical excuse.

 A few minutes later an out of breath Criss appeared at our table. Robin made a confused face at him, “Whats wrong with you?”

 “Tristan.” He whispered.