San-Shi-Yi

One simple question is enough to ruin a date. Just one.

Not bothering with a knock, I urgently opened the front door. I stomped in, water squishing and squashing inside my flats. I'm pretty sure I left watermarks on the hardwood floor.

"Whoa-shit son, what happened?" Robin asked. Zak was sitting on the couch playing with Robin's hair as she was lying down with her head in his lap scrolling through her phone. We had only left a couple hours ago so I wasn't really expecting Robin to have gone home.

Mayra was spending the night at the hospital and thought it would be better for Robin to spend time away from there. And I agreed with her. On a side note, thank the goddess that I wasn't wearing any glasses.

I moved my bangs away from my forehead, water dripped from my dress and splashed onto the hardwood floor. I was absolutely soaking.

"The Universe," I shook the water from my sleeves, "did not want us to go out today."

Alpha Henny entered right behind me, "stop saying that Venus." He said as he walked right past me and placed the soggy take out bag onto the coffee table. "It just began to rain down on us."

His shoes left their own watermarks on the floor. He stopped and turned to look at them, his dark grey long sleeve clung to his big biceps, defined pecks, and deep abs-it left nothing to the imagination.

Robin tried holding in her laughter, but it looked like her face was going to explode before she let out a loud bellow of laughter. Her whole body shook, even Zak was moving from the force of her laughter. He had a small smile though because his mate was joyously laughing while she lay in his lap.

"You guys look like drowned rats!" she laughed.

Zak looked down lovingly at her. "Shhh," he shushed her while smoothing down her hair, "Brady finally fell asleep."

"Oh that's right." She whispered turning back to her phone.

"Brady." I whispered and whipped around to face Alpha Henry's back, "I wanted to stay and watch over him."

He sighed pinching the bridge of his nose, "not this again Venus."

I gritted my teeth. He didn't want to talk about it in the car, "Not a word." He said the second we used our coats as a towel to sit inside the car. I had laughed at first, and he kept apologizing. But then he began to ask about Tristan again and that's when my annoyance levels slowly rose.

I didn't want to be dragged to a park after sun down in the first place.

"I'm going to shower." I said speed walking past him. I was at the base of the stairs before I stuck my head back into the living room and hissed, "before I catch pneumonia!" and with that I quietly walked up the stairs.

I wanted to stomp and shout, but it would have woken Brady up.

"Venus!" Alpha Henry's voice came from downstairs, "we agreed we wouldn't argue over this."

"I didn't agree." I wanted to say, "you just told me and expected me to follow." But I didn't say that because an annoyed Alpha was enough work, I didn't need a pissed off Alpha on my hands instead.

Instead of starting a war, I opened my bedroom door to find a passed out Brady sprawled on my bed. Why is he in my bed? Where was Nick?

"Venus, I'm sorr-" Alpha Henry was cut short when he entered the room right behind me. "Why isn't he in his room?"

Just then Nick entered from my bathroom with a wet cloth in his hand, "Hey-why are you soaking?"

"It rained while we were out." I said, "is there a reason there's a passed out werewolf on my bed?"