how NOT to be a good girlfriend - YoonNie

Beginne am Anfang

Yoongi sighed which made me feel worse. "She's been getting on my nerves lately. Always asking me if I'm alright, where I am, what I'm doing. For just a while, it would be nice to not hear her voice."

Tears welled in my eyes and I bit down on my trembling bottom lip. Jimin instinctively turned around to me and saw the look on my face. A tear fell from your eye and I wiped it away sadly. I've always been sensitive about the things I do, but isn't everybody?

"Hyung." The youngest spoke. "She just really cares about you."

"I know that." Yoongi spoke and rustled something on the desk. "But it would be nice if she would just leave me alone. Speaking of which, she hadn't even called me."

"Do you even know what today is, Yoongi?" Jimin sounded frustrated. Before I was with Yoongi, I was friend's with Jimin. That's how we met in the first place. It's not surprising that Jimin would be bothered by what Yoongi was saying. 

"What's today?"

"Our anniversary." I stood up bravely the boys stepping aside to reveal me. I glared at him with glossy eyes, my jaw clenched with hurt and anger. Yoongi's eyes went wide and he stood up immediately. "Happy one year."

"Jennie—"

He stopped when he saw me remove the necklace around my neck. I sniffled walking towards him with the necklace he had gave me in my hand. I placed it on the desk in front of him and looked up.

"I'm sorry if I annoyed you with my presence." I said harshly. I turned around to face the boys who sent me sympathetic looks. "We'll have dinner some other time. I promise."

I looked at the bewildered Yoongi, a tear falling from my eye once more. 

This whole time I thought I was being his perfect girlfriend. I was so confident that we had a perfect relationship. That everyone envied what we had only to know Yoongi hated the things I did in it. How nice I can be to someone. You know what fucking blows? Knowing that being nice has consequences. Who'd have thought, huh?

I grabbed my bag before storming out of the room. I only turned a corner before I fell to the floor in tears. For god sake, I was in love with the guy. The first months was everything a girl could ask for. He loved me. He spent every moment he could with me, kissed me, made me feel special. He was getting distant, I knew that but I only thought it was because he was getting exhausted from work. That's why I was so concerned over him lately. But he didn't understand that. I held my hand up to my mouth suppressing the sobs escaping my lips before I stood up to leave. 

I heard feet pattering against the ground and I fastened my pace. 

"Jennie!" I heard his voice call for me but I continued to walk calmly towards the exit. His hand went to mine pulling me back and I hid my face under my ball cap looking away. "I didn't know."

"Don't you have stuff to do? Like I don't know, sit with the satisfaction that I'm finally shutting my annoying ass mouth up?" I was obviously beyond pissed and it was the first time I'd ever spoken to him like that.

He looked taken aback by my sudden use of language. "Please don't start this. Not here."

I laughed sarcastically wiping the tears away. "I have every right to start this shit here. Go fuck around with some other girl. I'm not going to waste my kindness for a guy like you."

"I'm sorry."

"That's all you have to say?" I asked in disbelief gritting my teeth. "All I ever did was be concerned for you. I fucking loved you. For a year, all I ever thought about was you. I was worried sick when you became distant and all you wanted was for me to shut up. Okay, fine. I'm shutting up."