When Rules Are Destroyed

******3 years ago******

The clock on the dash board struck 10:47 PM when everything I knew was torn away from me. My two year old brother was in his car seat fidgeting with his new toy that he got in his happy meal from McDonald's. My newly born baby sister was asleep in her baby seat, with drool falling from her chin. My father was driving our new 4 door, 3 inch lifted, black Dodge Cummins, I looked back one more time at my little brother who was wide eyed with a bright light on his face only getting brighter by the second. The semi-truck's horn and wheels squealing trying to grip the wet road were fading into the background, while my eyes were locked on Jayden's eyes. The look in his eyes was like he knew we were going to die, I can never forget the look.... My hand was stretched to hold his hand, what seemed like forever was just a few seconds in reality. Everything went silent.... No more squealing tires no horns. Nothing. I looked around everything was upside down, the semi had flipped us over. I had looked around to see Jayden being pulled from the truck and so was Elli who was still sleeping in her seat. I looked over to my father; I couldn't hear anything but I read his lips when he looked straight into my eyes, 'I'm sorry, they weren't mine.' With that his eyes closed and his breathing stopped. My hearing came back to me when I heard the sirens screaming and the voices of people I didn't know saying, "Get her out, the trucks on fire!" I was being pulled out of the flaming truck with such force that my head hit the side of the door making blood drip down my face fiercely. I was pulled on the stretcher and shoved into ambulance. The lady was holding Elizabeth and holding Jayden's hand, "They are okay, you can stop worrying. They don't have a single scratch on them." She said with a smile. With that information a single tear traveled down my face and blackness overwhelmed me.

***present day***

The week that graduation followed was nerve racking, I didn't know I was going to graduate with the class I've been with since my sophomore year. Though here I was sitting on this cold hard metal chair waiting for my row to walk across the stage to shake the hand of the principal and take their diploma. Staring at the stage as classmate after classmate walk across, it was hypnotizing again and again they walked...
"Mommy! Mommy! Mommy wake up! It's my first day of school!", Jayden screamed in my ear while jumping on my queen sized mattress. I woke up from a dream that I've had ever since the crash. Julian, my mother, heard about the news from a family while screwing some random dude.

She heard that she lost her husband but her children were safe. Months after the crash I had enough guts to ask her if Jayden and Elizabeth were my father's kids. She wouldn't answer me; I knew the answer anyways from the truthful look in my father's eyes when he tried to kill Jay and Eli that rainy night. A few days later I got the news from my school principal that she hung herself. A letter addressed to me was the only thing she had on her when she killed herself. In her neat cursive writing the words she wrote were in the middle of the paper, they weren't his. I snapped out of my flashback when I heard Jayden pulling my arm to get him dressed for his first day of kindergarten, he's so excited it's adorable. He and Elizabeth never knew their real mother, so they think I'm their momma. He still had his superman pjs on and his hair was a mess from bed. "Ha alright kiddo, let's get that wild hair calmed down and get you dressed!" I walked my way to his and Eli's room with him in my hand he didn't fuss since he was so excited. Which I was thankful for, Elizabeth walked to me with her teddy bear still in her hand and her Cinderella footy pjs on, and she was adorable she was a spitting image of me; I wondered if she really was my dad's kid. When Jay was all done I bent down to picked Eli up and walked to their closet and picked out an outfit for her since she had to go to daycare when I went to school. I was 16 ½ when the crash happened in LA, my parents were one of the richest there. When they died they left all their money for me, needless to say I have a lot of money. I had to grow up fast since I was left with two kids to raise. After a few months of Julian's death, the kids and I moved to San Antonio Texas. I bought us a nice 3 bedroom house with 2 baths in it. Since I was 16 ½ when they died that makes me 18 now, I know I should have graduated last year but I didn't go to school for a full year to take care of Jay and Eli. It was Jayden's first day and my first day has a senior. I'm turning 19 in a few weeks, I'll be the oldest in my class since they would be 17 turning 18. But I never really cared I love my kids, I know they're my siblings but I raised them so I was like their mother. I was interrupted by the sound of my alarm clock telling me to get up and get ready for my day of school. I already took Eli to her daycare center so it was just me and Jay at the house. I went into the master bath with Jay on my hip and looked at the mirror; he was looking at me like I was his favorite person in the world.

He definetly was a momma's boy, I looked at myself in the huge mirror and my violet eyes popping out, I didn't wear much makeup only eyeliner and mascara. My brown wavy hair was fixed into a side lower pony tail on my head. Jayden pulled me into my walk in closet and was helping me pick put my clothes for today; he always wants to help me with everything. He picked out a short flowy skirt that has an old flower print on it and a white v neck shirt with a brown belt to go with it and brown heels to pull everything together. Okay well I picked it out he just agreed with me. My phone rang saying it was time to leave to drop him off at the school. The ride there was entertaining since he was bouncing in his booster seat the way there. Everyone was staring at me and my truck, at first it was my truck then it was me. My truck is a 97 Chevy extended cab that is quite loud, I love it! Then when I got out getting him to class, people were staring at me with a disgusted look. I walked into his classroom along with all the other parents who were crying about how their kid is growing up so fast, I was laughing at them in my head. The teacher was in her mid-30 with long curly red hair, she was quite frightening!  I felt bad for him since he had to deal with fire head! Ha. "Hi I'm Mrs. Davis I'm going to be your kid's teacher for the next year!" Oh my gosh! Her voice is so annoying, like nails on a chalk board! I looked at my phone and saw that I had to get to my school in 15 min which is 5 miles away!
I interrupted her I felt bad for, "Uhh... Mrs. Davis I'm sorry but I have to get to school. I'll come by and pick Jayden up and we could talk then."
She gave me a bitchy look that I just wanted to slap off her face. "Yea, okay sure." With that I bent down to kiss Jayden on the head and walked out the door. Once I was out the door I sprinted out to my truck and drove to school in a record time! I got out of my truck when I bumped into someone. They turned around and thank god it was my best friend Amelia, she had long reddish brown straight hair with emerald green eyes. "Whew! It's just you whore!" I smiled at her. We had a typical best friendship saying rude things to each other and coming back with something ruder.
"Oh it's just another slut!" she said with a wink.

"OH! OH! OH! Nevaeh! Let me see your schedule! I wanna see if you have the new chemistry teacher Mr. McClain! I heard he was like 23 and extremely hot!", she ripped my schedule out of my hands.
She squeaked with excitement, "I'm guessing I have him?" I asked rolling my eyes. I don't see why everyone is freaking out it's not like they could date him! He's a teacher for Heaven's Sake! And I doubt he could be that hot, teachers aren't hot!
"Dude, you lucky Bitch! You have him for three periods in a row!"

"Huh? No that can't be right. Let me look." I grabbed it back.... Sure enough I had him for advanced chemistry then teacher's aide for two periods. Ugh the name even sounds hot.... Wait no I didn't say that....

Hey sorry to cut it short I'm not sure if you guys will like it.... feedback please!!! :D <3

Paige