Survivor

RECAP Nevaeh's POV

I opened the driver's side door and climbed in; my fingers went to the key slot and found the keys in the ignition. Turning the truck on the dash lit up and the clock read 6:30 AM. The first thought that went through my mind was...

'I'm finally going home' as I looked around through the front window hoping to have any recognition as to where I might be no such luck, everything around me was sage brush and weeds on rolling hills.

I looked around the dash trying to find anything that would help me get home, my eyes landed on a GPS unit suction cupped to the window. Leaning forward as my whole body screamed for me to stop and just lay down, I started to put in my address just to find that it was already popping up in the favorite places. My stomach got queasy just thinking about how many times that sick bastard could have been in and or near my home. Looking at the starting point A to see where I was and it read Hill Country State Natural Area; it was about an hour and a few minutes from home.

Shifting the truck into drive I started my hour journey back home. To past to the time by I flipped through the channels on the radio to see what he was listening to, each station was the news. Every news station kept broadcasting the same thing every ten or so minutes.

"Missing Persons Report, 19 year old female, brown hair, violet colored eyes, and name is Nevaeh Holmes. She was last seen going from school to the local drug store, if any news on her whereabouts please call the nonemergency police line or Brody McClain's cell phone number at (210)897-4493 thank you."

At the end of the message I was shocked, yea I knew they were looking for me but I would have never guessed my missing persons report would be on the radio. After awhile following the lady on the GPS I found myself just about home, crossing under the North Loop 1604 W over passes when all of a sudden and in slow motion a sports car fell from the sky and landing a few feet from the ford truck I was driving. Before I knew it I hit the car full speed, the momentum from hitting the car made the truck flip. I wasn't screaming, hell I wasn't even breathing; my breath was caught in my throat as I felt the truck land on the roof making the front windshield shatter into a million pieces cutting into my face as it skidded passenger side towards the pillar that held the over pass.

My body jerked sideways as the vehicle came to an abrupt stop. Blood was everywhere, even though I was still sticky and bloody from earlier, it found new places on my body to bleed from. I was stuck in the seat belt upside down; my head hurt and my eyes were going heavy. I looked around to see an elderly woman at my now gone window saying something into her phone. To me she looked comical as she freaked out, the ringing in my ears had stopped though I didn't know when it started, she held out her hand grabbing mine. Her voice was raspy as she tried to get my attention, "Ma'am what is your name?" she had asked. Wiggling my arm trying to keep me awake, the dark was closing in fast.

Just before I had finally given into the dark I had answered her question. "Nevaeh... Nevaeh Holmes..."

Alena POV (the old lady at her window)

I was following this ford truck for a while when for some reason I was slowing down, I looked up just to see a red sports car fly off the over pass and land in the middle of the road way. I slammed on the brakes as soon as it was in the air; the ford truck had a head on collision with the car. It happened so fast and before I knew it the truck was on its roof and hitting the pillar. My feet were under me before I knew it and I was running towards the truck seeing it was smoking and trying to catch fire.

I reached into my pocket calling 911 explaining to them that there had been an accident. The window was gone as I grabbed the young girl's hand, asking for her name and getting a response that I had not expected. Nevaeh Holmes, the girl that was missing. She was here, she was alive! When the dispatch had said help was on the way I yelled into the phone that the girl in the truck was Nevaeh Holmes the missing person.