The Love of My Life

Nevaeh's POV

It was as if my heart stopped, my breathing had stopped, everything was shut down besides my eyes that were like Niagara falls. I felt every one's eyes on me, expecting my answer, waiting patiently for the answer that would change the coarse of everything.

"Brody.. I.. I..." those words left my mouth and I looked down to see Brody still on one knee with a worried expression on his face. I dropped to my knees, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I do. I will be Mrs. Nevaeh McClain." I whispered into his ear, making that moment ours and no one else's. I felt his arms wrap around my body and he lifted us off the ground and spun.

"She said yes!" Madeline's voice was the first to speak. When he put me down my eyes drifted over to Madeline's, her eyes were sparkly and wet. Brody put me down and grabbed my left hand and put a simple engagement ring that was a gold band and a had a squiggle of smaller diamonds and in the center was a small but bigger diamond than the rest. It was beautiful, I was in awe of his choice. I never knew that he had such taste in style like that!

Madeline was the first to speak and the first to pull me into a bear hug.

"Welcome to the family sweetheart." William had hugged me after Brody's mother did. When he let go I felt two pairs of little arms wrap around my legs. I looked down to see Eli and Jay, I bent down to pick up Elizabeth her voice was delicate and soft.

"Mommy don't cry please, it makes me sad when you do."

"Oh no sweetie these are tears of happiness, not sadness." I put my face into the crook off her neck until I had gotten a tap on the shoulder making me turn around.

Brody was there holding his hands out to hold Eli, once he had her situated he held out his hand for Jayden to take. I gave him a puzzled look as he made eye contact with me.

"I have to see if it's okay with these two if I become their daddy." Brody spoke as if I had done something stupid.

"You want to adopt them?"

The look on his face basically said that I was dumb for even thinking that he didn't want to adopt my babies.

Brody's P.O.V

When she said yes I could have done a fist pump in the air, I was so happy that she loved me as much as I loved her. Though she said yes I still had to get the approval of those two sweet darlings of hers..

I had taken Eli and Jay into the conference room to ask them a very important question. I was more nervous asking them than when I had asked Nevaeh. They had total control if we were to get married or not, if they didn't like me I'd be screwed. I sat Eli down on the table and I lifted Jayden up also, after I took a deep breathe trying to calm my nerves which didn't work I had asked.

"Eli.. Jay.. would it be okay if your momma and I got married?"

"Married..?" Jayden had spoken as if to see how it tasted in his mouth.

"Yea like be a mommy and a daddy."

"I tout we aleady wee.. I tout you we my daddy.." Eli had spoken so sweetly it almost broke my heart.

"Well now we can make it official. And then I could adopt you two so I'd really be your daddy."

"Adopt? What's that?" Jayden had finally asked a real question.

"It's where we'd all be McClains." I was so nervous if they'd even want my last name.

"So we'd all have your last name and you would be your daddy?"