Pretty sure the sign said Ladies.

Syncear

IN A time and place least expected, I crashed into one of the first and last people I wanted to get involved in my mess.

Blair. My drama queen.

Dressed in her finest black dinning gown, matching red bottoms and eyes quickly flooding in unexpected happy tears. Happiness now oddly debatable. Whether or not seeing her would lift my spirits or, make them worse.

"Oh my God, I thought I would never see you again."

My thoughts slid on a slippery slope but her voice helped stable me. Her long arms dragging me into her warm shivering embrace as they secured themselves around me without much hesitation. Squeezing the life out of me just so we felt like one.

She didn't want to let me go. I don't want to let her go.

"I—Blair," I mumbled in disbelief like a child into her hair. A slow steady tremble overcoming me as we held onto one another as if for the very last time. As if I dreamt it and this moment never even happened.

Who would believe a simple hug could do so much repairing and damage. Being separated from my better other half smacked me harder now that her presence was right there in front of me. In my arms. Her favorite Victoria's Secret perfume holding so many memories.

It hasn't been that long, suck it up.

I guess spending most of the twenty-four hours in our days just sleeping, eating, or working together, anything else around that schedule felt extremely unusual. It bought us close, the simple things we did.

Simple people we were.

Tied in a knot for long moments. Like ripping off a fresh bandaid, Blair tugged away to examined me suspiciously, eyes squinting as though she no longer recognized me. Or, she just came to a dangerously close realization.

"Now that I know you're safe, I can yell at you!" She shouted along with a swat to the arm. Dropping our grip, she crossed her arms to her busty chest to establish her forced motherly power over me.

My lord have they always been that big? Sorry, off-topic.

"Where the hell have you been, young lady?" She tapped her foot loudly against the tiled flooring as the drama queen she was. I rolled my eyes.

"Shh, don't be so loud." Rude, yet required. I didn't need a reason for someone to come investigate the disturbance in the restrooms.

"Don't shush me, Syn. Answer the question." She gritted her teeth impatiently.

Answering the question would not be easy. Giving an answer that she would be happy with would be like hoping to pull teeth without the excruciating pain to follow. I never lied to her about anything. Unless, it protected a surprise, and even then I didn't actually enjoy the act.

But coming right out and spilling details that could potentially get her wrapped up wasn't on the front lines of my mind. I loved her with all my heart, so endangering her life would be the farthest from my love.

Blair held that stern look. I avoided it at all costs just long enough to make something up. Anything.

"It's not that simple." I whispered despite myself and the emptiness of the restroom.