Mr. Mysterious

Syncear

A FEW drinks later and folk drinking and laughing around me, I felt relaxed and free. Energized to dance my ass off as if no one was watching. Pumped for the next round and the round after that with burning excitement. I felt good. Beyond good. Fucking amazing. Excuse my language.

"What are you up for now? A martini or a flaming vodka shot?" The music wasn't nearly as loud but Blair didn't need any valid reason to yell either.

"Why not both?" I smirked at her from my seat surrounded by others in for a good time. "Marco's paying, where ever he is."

Nodding my request into her brain, she took off back toward the bar. Through the light crowd, I searched for Marco on the dance floor. There was no surprise that I found him surrounded by women from far and wide trying to win his attention. I couldn't blame him though. From the moment we stepped in, he caught the eyes of many in a one-mile radius. Women and even a few men to add in some variety. I would be lucky if I could even steal him away for a few seconds let alone for the rest of the night.

I guess I could say those women were the blessing in disguise really. I shouldn't get involved with someone that I worked with for, reminded all the reasons stated before. I didn't want to be looked at differently because I was quote on quote 'screwing the boss'. No matter how tempting it might've sounded at first thought, it still wouldn't sit pretty with me. Besides, our boss-employee relationship was great already. No need to screw it up.

"Oh sweet bottom, I see you have a secret admirer ten o'clock." I nearly leaped from my seat at the squeal of Blair's sometimes irritable voice right in my ear and the playful arm nudge into my ribs. I was staring off so long that I didn't even notice she came back. Oo and with our drinks!

The first thing I ran for was the flaming beauty burning its colors on the glass table. I picked it up and blew the flames free before gulping it down. The burn was something else but I refused myself the ability to cough. The reason why fruity drinks were more of my particular liking.

"Who are you talking about?" I finally found the will to spit out through the slight stinging at the base of my throat. She didn't speak but instead pointed through the parted sea of drunks to a very mysterious looking man who sat alone and away from the hype of the other party-goers. From here, his choice of beverage was a few beers and nothing more than that. But the thing that really popped out at me was the studying frown on his face as he surveyed the room.

Maybe he was just trying to find a couple of his friends lost in the crowd. Or better yet, someone to dance with. It made sense.

"He's cute isn't he?" She brought the man up again just as my gaze left to sip on the other drink waiting patiently for my lips.

"Yeah," I mumbled past the glass, lipstick staining. "Why don't you go talk to him. He's more of your type."

Tattooed and gorgeous was right down her alley. At least, it appeared that way from where we sat. The black sleeves of his shirt were raised to reveal large arms which in turn were covered in various black ink. And his hair the same color and messy. He was good looking. Maybe I should've taken back my last choice of words.

I heard her laugh hysterically as she latched herself onto the warmth of my exposed arm. "If you're going to stare at him, you might as well go over there and talk to him. Look! He's starring again!"