In One piece

Syncear

"WHERE ARE you taking me?" It was the only words that fit the moment. His left hand grasped firmly around my bonded arms, leading me roughly through an inky hall where farther terrors awaited.

"I've already told you," He growled, eyes prowling through the black as if able to. "You're going to have a terrible time living here with a memory like that."

"Living with you?!" A burst of anger coursed through my body as I violently yanked my arm from his grasps. Stumbling back once the balance diminished to nothing. "I won't be your pet! I refuse-"

In the midst of my rant, he scooped me in his arms, slinging me over his broad shoulder with ease. I yelped at the swift motion and the tingling feel of his freezing fingers on the backs of my thighs.

"Let me go!" I screamed as I jolted around in his arms like a fish out of water.

"I should've gagged you." He muttered. Voice deep and stitched with a shit load of regret.

Gagging me wouldn't do anything. I would still fight. I would still try to run. I would still resist. And scream just to annoy him.

Being forced to watch the wood flooring pass me by under his feet once a spoonful of moonlight lit the hall made the journey years longer than it needed to be. Where in God's green earth was he taking me? His sex dungeon? His torture chamber? Both? For all I knew, he would use and abuse me until I was begging to be killed. I shivered. Cringing at the thought.

Was that really how I would die?

Moments after, we paused in front of a door. At least that's what I thought. That conclusion drawn from the pattern of a wooden texture against my bare feet. After a key was inserted and the door was unlocked, he shoved it open. Allowing a cool breeze to raise the hairs on my bare legs and sketch horrible scenarios in my mind.

"I hope you love the room." He said, stepping deeper into the mysterious space as if my thoughts weren't loud enough. With another flash of movement, he released me to a cushiony mattress. "It's the only room you're getting for tonight."

After he switched on a lamp on a nightstand to illuminate the room better, I scanned with caution along the pale blue tones of the walls. Dressers bursting with clothing against a wall beside the door, and a dusty brown treasure chest hanging ajar at the foot of the bed, exposing various toys that I couldn't quite make out from here. I inhaled sharply as I continued to view the room with the creeping silence ringing in my ears like Sunday bells and the gaze of a dragon burning into my skull.

Not before long my gaze froze on a picture frame sitting on the same nightstand as the lamp. It was a picture of a young boy, roughly around the age of twelve beaming a smile beside an older boy I assumed to be in his early teens standing beside a tall silver-haired man with a smile old and worn. They all appeared so happy together. The picture looked pretty old as well. Taken years ago.

Could that have been—

Before I was allowed to question myself on the photo, he slammed the frame down so its contents were no longer visible to my prying eyes. I flipped my gaze to him to find his eyes blank of expression and his lips pressed to a fine line in anger.

I dared to ask.

"Was that you and your family?" At the shift in his demeanor, I wished I could snatch my own soul out of my body.