Tattoo //Mullette

Lafayette opened the door and pushed himself up on the counter, his phone in one hand and a photo in the other. He tossed the photo nonchalantly into the waste bin at the edge of the counter, then continued scrolling through his phone. Hercules walked in next, throwing his bag on the couch and walking up to Lafayette.

Herc smirked. "Why are you sitting on the counter? We have furniture,"

"The counter is more interesting. I'm shaking it up a bit,"

"You suck, Frenchie,"

"Only for you, mon cher,"

Hercules blushed and retreated to the couch, taking out his knitting needles and resuming his project.

(Yeah bitch he knits too fucking fight me)

A half hour passed and Hercules got off the couch so he could start making dinner. When he got into the kitchen, though, Lafayette was changing into a new shirt.

First of all, the guy is hot af, very distracting, solid 10.

And second, there was a tattoo on the left half of his chest over his heart. It was true art, a depiction of Marianne holding the French flag high. Nevertheless, Hercules was not expecting it.

"You got a tattoo?!"

Lafayette looked up, startled. "Herc!"

"When?!"

Lafayette's face flushed. "I got it a week ago, when I was missing France. It's Marianne,"

Hercules breathes deeply and tried to regain his cool. "It's... pretty. I'm sorry, you just took me off guard,"

"Non, I should have told you. Sorry,"

Herc cracked a grin. "No, really, it looks good on you. If you like it, so do I,"

"It reminds me of where I used to live," Lafayette looked out the window, his expression distant. "I miss France, mon amour, I miss it so much. But I could never leave America,"

Hercules bit his lip, looking at Lafayette as if viewing a caged bird. "Love..."

Lafayette smiled softly.

"Let's go. We're getting you to France,"

"Herc, don't be stupid, we don't have that kind of money,"

"I have a stash for the zombie apocalypse, but I think this is a better use,"

Lafayette laughed for the first time in a while. "You're my favorite thing about America, amour, let's go to France so you can be my favorite thing over there too,"

Hercules pulled out his laptop and started to order plane tickets.

••Time Skip to France••

Lafayette leapt through the parking lot, overjoyed at returning to his home land. "Hercules!"

Herc was running after him, smiling and out of breath. "Yes?"

"We're in Paris!"

"Yep," He wreathed his fingers through Laf's. "Are you happy?"

"Yes!" Lafayette yanked him towards the hotel positioned down the street.

The got to the doors and Hercules took Lafayette aside. He kissed the man, then pressed their foreheads together.

"Lafayette, you're my Frenchie,"

"You're my tall Americano,"

"Coffee, really?"

"Hey, I love coffee!"

"And I love you,"

"Love you too,"

AN: Your requested mullette, and I promise there will be more soon. I'm going to a state park, so I'll have time to write and will publish as soon as I get WiFi.

And I wanted to talk about one more thing: I love how fandoms are better family than actual relatives. We don't know each other, we never will, but if you put a post up about your happiness you get congratulations, if you're sad you get comfort and sympathy. We use whatever pronouns you want, if you come out as something we support you. Text someone while you have an anxiety attack? They'll help you get your breathing under control. And they won't judge you because they understand! Sick? You get comments with 'get well soon' and 'hope you get better' which is more than I've ever got from my family. Fandoms are just overall really good spaces, thank y'all for that.
Love to all,

Wolf
(638 words)