51 Reasons Why I Love You// Lams

My dearest, Laurens,

The emotion that I feel each day at the sight of your name is indescribable. I wish I could tell you with accuracy what you mean, but I fear that in my time of desperation words often fail me.

You, in short, are my love.

I cherish each morning that you are mine (is this jealousy finally making its debut?) and I wish to bring you closer that you may be safe from harm. I want you by my side, I need you in my mind in order to maintain the precarious balance that suits my position. Can I provide for you? I am sure that I can, for my intensity and vivacity is only increased at the though of you that I need not rest from the toils of work. Do not desert me, I pray, for my love grows deep and wide that you may stay warm within it. I hold no one else in such esteem.

And this brings me to my main point, that I wish to ease your constant pain.
Here are 51 reasons why I love you:

1. Your freckles. You often show distaste at them, but they are stars across your cheeks made to light the earth instead of the sky.

2. Your voice. It's soft and smooth and comforting, something that I wish I could hold close to my chest.

3. Your name. John Laurens is adorable, it suits you in every way. John Laurens-Hamilton sounds even better.

4. Your art skill. You can do such beautiful things, my love.

5. You can play guitar. It reminds me of you as I work late, and I can hear your voice drifting through the walls.

6. Problem Solving. You can fix anything with just your common sense.

7. You're so calm! I wish I had your incredible restraint.

8. You have been through so much, and yet you are still the strongest person I've ever met.

9. You say each word like it means everything to you. You say "I love you," and I hear a thousand more words that you don't even have to think.

10. You're so compassionate. You've never left a single person in need, and it seems your eternal goal to help everyone you can.

11. Your eyes. They light up when you get excited, and I can always tell what you're feeling when I look into them.

12. Your Turtle obsession. It's downright adorable.

13. Your faded southern accent. It comes out every now and then, and it reminds me of your cute little farm attitude.

14. You can ride horses. I never thought you could until you got on one and started trotting around. You looked so happy, I think I'll get you a horse some day.

15. You always know what I'm thinking. When I'm stuck on a portion of my essay, you sit down next to me and rub my back, and I'm instantly calm and back to writing.

16. You know what's best for me. Lord knows what awful state I be in if you didn't care about how I spent my time.

17. You were always there, even before we started dating. You always were and always will be my best friend before everything else.

18. You're so easy to get along with. You have this factor about you that's naturally likable, and I find it irresistible.

19. Your hair. It's always curly and soft even when you don't do anything but pull it into a ponytail.

20. Your honesty. You haven't lied to anyone as long as I've known you, and if you did it without my knowledge it was purely an effort to preserve the other person.

21. Unconditional love. When you meet someone, they don't have to be deemed worthy of your love. You give it to them instantly and without question.

22. Your smile. In addition to loving everyone, you brighten anyone's day with your bright grin. It's beautiful to wake up and see you smiling at me.

23. Your jokes. You've turned the worst situations into memories with a good crack and a Heathers reference.

24. Your hugs. I don't know how you make them feel so special, but they're warm and soft and protective like no other thing.

25. The music you listen to. You seem so fluffy but you only like heavy metal and Heathers.

26. Your endurance. You could run forever, and I can't run for shit.

27. You wake up every morning and you make coffee for me, and it's the sweetest thing.

28. You make sure I'm on time. I would have missed at least six classes if it wasn't for you.

29. You encourage me to do my work well. When I think about the future I want to give to you, I want to work hard enough to get me seven job offerings at once. You have that effect.

30. You give me something to go back to at the end of the day.

31. Words fail me when I speak to you. No one renders me speechless except you.

32. You're so good at conflict deescalation. I almost punched Jefferson last week and you convinced me it wasn't worth it.

33. You get 70 times more adorable when you sleep. I didn't think that was possible until I was lying next to you.

34. Your hands are soft. Does that not speak for itself?

35. You taught me how to ice skate.

36. You've always supported me.

37. You're always planning some rally with Black Lives Matter or some LGBT+ organization. It's respectable and sensible and good.

38. You've never questioned who you are. When you realized you were gay, you stood by it always. When your character was scrutinized by your enemies, you never faltered.

39. Innocent bean.

40. You rock the bad boy look. You in a leather jacket is something picturesque.

41. Your very thoughts are poetic.

42. You fit perfectly against my side. That's how I know we're soulmates.

43. You're forgiving. Every time I mess up, you act like it doesn't even matter.

44. You have a beautiful weave of morals that hold you to a complex code of honor.

45. Your height. Tall and smol at the same time, depending on who you stand next to.

46. Vibrant emotion.

47. Bravery. It's one of your best qualities where I am lacking.

48. Get pissed off at the same things. It's essential for a relationship when you can bitch about stuff, but together.

49. You'd never leave. I know you're always there.

50. You genuinely care about my problems. I never had that support before you.

51. Selflessness. You are such a magnificent being, you do everything for everyone, you defend them as if they were your own blood kin.

I love you, John Laurens, don't ever forget that.

Love,
A. Ham

AN: VERY IMPORTANT

I want to start a new book that is not fan fiction, but an original story. I'm a very good writer and this will be very good, but I can't figure out a plot line. Help me plz, leave a suggestion down below so I can get started.

Also I didn't really edit this story so cut me some slack on errors. Love you all,

Wolf
(1222 words)