Do You Still Love Me? // Lams

AN: Very fluffy. Another college AU.

John was alone in his dorm. Alex should have been home from work by now, but God only knows what argument he got into at work. He had stayed late everyday for weeks, and John was beginning to fear the worst. Was Alex cheating on him?

Just then, there was a gentle knock on the door, and John pulled on a fake smile so he could go answer it. To his surprise, it was Alex, who was carrying a bouquet of roses and a box of pizza with his happy complexion. John's fake smile was replaced by a look of awe, and opened the door wider so Alex could step in.

"Hi, Johnny, how was your day?"

John leaned against the wall, trying to suppress the sick feeling in his gut. "It was fine, how about you?"

"My meeting went well." Alex saw John's peculiar stance and his expression shifted to concern. "Are you alright?"

John nodded, but wouldn't meet his eyes.

"Hey," Alex lifted John's chin and saw the tears in his boyfriend's eyes. "Sweetheart, what is it? What happened?"

John pushed his hand away. "Nothing, Alex, it's fine."

"You wouldn't be so upset if it was fine. Please talk to me, John,"

John broke and started crying as he slid down the wall. Alex knelt next to him, but John couldn't make himself look up. "Alex, am I enough for you? You've come home late for the last few weeks, and I want to trust you, but it hurts."

Alex felt his heart twist and snap. "Do you think I'm cheating on you?"

John nodded, sniffling.

Alex grabbed him roughly and held him tight to his chest, kissing his head as many times as he could before he said, "Darling, I would never, ever do that. Please, stop crying,"

John's sobbing died down until he was back to taking shaky breaths. "Can you prove it, though?"

"Yes, yes, whatever you want. You can call anyone, even Jefferson will tell you that I've had a big project at work for the past month. I stay late everyday because it's a lot of things to do, and I don't want to do it at home because that's my time to be with you. I know you hate when I pull all-nighters, and it hurts my health, just like you said, so I stay at work."

"I'm sorry, I should be trusting you more," John bent his head and curled into him.

"No, you shouldn't. I should have told you when this whole thing started. I can't believe I let you suffer for a whole month. You're the most important thing in my life, and I should never have let that slip away."

Alex picked John up and carried him to the couch, where he laid him down and sat next to him. "Do you want to make those calls?"

"No, I don't need them." John wiped the tears from his cheeks and placed his head on Alex's lap. "I have you,"

Alex felt his own eyes water up at that, and he ran his fingers through John's hair to calm his nerves. When they were both breathing steadily, Alex clicked the TV on and let the old western movie play until John fell asleep. Alex felt himself drifting off as it started to get dark outside, but was snapped out of it by a small voice from his lap.

"Alexander?"

"Yes, sweetheart?"

"Do you still love me?"

Alex couldn't take it anymore. He pulled John up and pinned him against the back of the couch, kissing him until his own mouth hurt and John was whimpering against his lips. When he finally pulled away, John was looking at him in a way that triggered an ache in his chest, and he pulled the man close until he could feel his heartbeat. "John, I love you so much, I'll always regret that I hurt you, and I never want to do it again. Please forgive me,"

"Alex . . ."

"You know what, don't forgive me. Just let me stay with you,"

"Alex, I . . ."

"John, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love,"

John kissed him harshly to cut him off. "Alex, it's okay, I forgive you, I love you too. I just wanted to know that you were still mine,"

"I'm yours,"

"Good,"

John pressed his forehead to Alex's and Alex laughed slightly. "Do you still want to be mine? After all the trouble I've caused you?"

"Yes,"

"Yes?"

"I still love you,"

"I still love you too,"

AN: It's short, I know. But I got the idea and I wanted to put some fluff out there. I want to thank SmolJohnL for showing me how to post my writing, and this time I'd like to shout out to those with anxiety. Anxiety is commonly dismissed as something everyone has, but it is a real problem, so please be respectful. Love to my fandom siblings,

Wolf
(835 words)