Chapter 17

This book has now got a new cover, as the previous one wasn't really that fantastic. And holy shit, this chapter is literally 4k words long...

//\\//\\

*smut warning for the middle of this chapter!*

"Sebastian...." Chris sighs. "Muffy really doesn't like Nala."

A year has passed in Evans household, and still, with not much luck, Muffy still isn't very pleased with the newest addition to the family. Chris on the other hand, has grown to like the ginger female cat, Nala, so there's a win there.

Though, Chris is definitely not too pleased that they appear to now have three cats instead of two.

Sebastian had managed to catch the stray black-and-white tom cat that had been hanging around, much to Chris's annoyance. Though, considering black-and-white cat - that Sebastian had decided to name Sooty - prefers staying outside than inside most of the time, Chris has decided to let it slide. A bonus is that Muffy likes that cat, and now Muffy has been staying outside more often.

"Why? What's going on?" Sebastian asks, running into the kitchen. "Are they fighting again?"

"Well, not so much fighting." Chris starts. "But Muffy did manage to somehow push her off the table."

Sebastian sighs, before walking over to the fridge to get a drink. "I think that was his revenge for her pouncing on him this morning." He says. "Do you want a coffee?" He asks.

Chris shakes his head. "Nah, already had one." He says. "You've done a load of washing, right?"

"Yeah. There's a pile of your clothes for you to take away with you on the bed." Sebastian nods, as he boils the jug to make himself a coffee. "It should be a months worth of clothes. If not, you'll just have to do some washing at the dry cleaners near wherever it is your working." He stops, turning to face Chris. "Have you got everything else you need packed? Don't forget you leave in the morning."

"Yes, everything's packed, don't worry." Chris assures him. "Now, are you going to be okay on your own with the girls and the cats for a month while I'm away for work?" He asks.

Sebastian shrugs. He must admit that he hates it when Chris has to go out of town for work to oversee the construction of the buildings that he's helped do the designs for. Luckily it's not very often that happens, but when it does, Sebastian doesn't like it. Usually it's just because of the length that he's away for, and his omega instinct wanting his alpha. They've got to get the money to live somehow though.

"We'll be fine." Sebastian says. "I can always call Laura and ask her if she can babysit the girls whenever I need some help."

A few months ago they had taken Bucky's advice about getting his and Steve's daughter to babysit for them whenever needed. They're glad they did, too. Laura is great with the girls, and the girls love her.

"Can you go outside and see how much cat biscuits are in Sooty's bowl?" Sebastian asks. "I'm not sure how much he has left."

"I was just out there earlier, and he had plenty." Chris says. "I'm sure if he gets more hungry later he'll just wander on inside like he usually does."

Sebastian nods. Even though Sooty prefers to stay outside rather than inside, he still comes on inside through the cat door or an open window whenever he wants food. Or he just catches a bird. Though, Sebastian does wish that Sooty would stay inside more than outside, but he's an outdoor cat, and it's just what he likes more. During the colder weather he comes inside more though.