Chapter 9

"Seb, are you almost done in there?" Chris asks, knocking on the door to the bathroom, where Sebastian is currently still located in doing god knows what.

"Just a minute!" Sebastian calls back. "I'm not finished just yet."

Truth be told, Sebastian was finished in the bathroom about ten minutes ago now, and is now just standing there in front of the mirror doing basically nothing. He knows that he should hurry up and get out of there, as he and Chris need to be leaving soon, but honestly? He really doesn't want to have to go to this meeting.

Sighing, he closes his eyes, bowing his head in defeat. He knows he can't back out of this now, especially considering he's already gotten dressed up for it, and he also doesn't want to disappoint Chris at backing out of this. But that certainly doesn't make him not want to go any less.

He just hopes that there'll be alcohol there. And, it does give him a good chance to see Bucky - Chris's boss's husband - again. He's not sure when the last time it was that he had seen Bucky was, and even though Bucky is about fifteen years older than him, Sebastian rather enjoys hanging out with him at any chance he gets. Which honestly isn't very often.

"Come on, Seb." Chris sighs. "You've been in there for almost an hour now. What are you even doing?"

Sebastian looks up, before looking over his shoulder at the door. He suspects that Chris would probably try and take the door down if he takes much longer in here. It's not like they're running late though, but they should probably get a move on now anyway.

Making up his mind, Sebastian walks over to the door, unlocking it and walking out to be met with Chris standing there with his arms crossed.

"You ready?" Chris asks, looking Sebastian up and down, and admiring how stunning the omega looked tonight.

Looking down at his attire - simple black jeans with a long sleeve button-up dark red shirt and black dress shoes - he shrugs, looking up at Chris. "I guess so." He says. "Am I dressed appropriately enough?"

He's assuming he's dressed appropriately enough, as Chris is basically wearing a similar attire to himself, except he's wearing dark blue jeans and a black button-up long sleeve shirt. He's sure that he's dressed appropriately enough.

Chris nods. "You look absolutely perfect, Sebastian." He says, before pulling him in for a kiss. "You always look so beautiful."

Sebastian blushes at that, ducking his head. "You're just saying that." He huffs out a laugh, shaking his head a little.

Chris frowns, shaking his head. "No, Sebastian. I really do mean it." He says. "You're the most beautiful guy I've ever laid eyes on."

Sebastian blushes harder at that, hugging Chris. How he ever got so lucky to have someone like Chris, he'll never know. But he certainly considers himself lucky to have Chris. His husband and alpha who loves him very much, and would never do anything to hurt him. He sure feels like one lucky omega.

Finally, the two of them pull out of the hug, and Sebastian is flattening down his shirt, frowning a little as he feels the prominent pudge that is his stomach. Once upon a time that used to be all flat, but now, he's definitely gained a few pounds, and that doesn't really make him feel so great.

"I need to get back into working out again." Sebastian sighs, dropping his arms to his sides. "Just look at me! I'm starting to gain more weight."

Chris frowns at that, looking Sebastian up and down. He must admit, Sebastian is a little pudgy round the middle, but considering he did only give birth about two months ago now, he's still going to look a little big.