Ch. Twenty- Seven

Start from the beginning

I shrugged. "Oh, I don't know. You completely ruined my night, half of my vacation, and you called me a whore."

"I said you were acting like a whore. I didn't call you a whore." He said. "And how did I ruin your night? You seemed to be enjoying yourself just fine."

"Yeah, and then you just ruined it. And don't start talking to me like we're friends because we are not friends."

"We can't be friends? After all we've been through, we can't be friends?"

"You didn't go through anything. I, however, went through shit these past few days."

"That's not true." He defended.

"Great. Well go complain about your problems to somebody who wants to hear them." I muttered. 

"Wait." He said sternly, gently grabbing my arm, making me stop walking and turn to face him. 

"What?" I asked.

"Tell me one thing and I'll leave you alone. Just tell me that you're over me." He said softly.

I was taken back a little bit by what he said, but quickly recovered. "I can't do that." I said simply.

He put his hand in mine and his other hand on my cheek as he ducked his head closer to mine. "Then let's just forget this whole vacation never happened. Let's just be us again because I miss you, Lindsay. I miss you so much and I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do it and I regret it so much. I've never felt the way I do when I'm with you. Can you forgive me?" He asked.

I could feel myself about to cry but I seriously was considering his offer. In that moment, I wanted nothing more than to just be in his arms again. I wanted his lips on mine and I wanted to be his again. I just wanted everything to go back to how it was.

But things can't go back. Because Brooke was in his arms and his lips were on Brookes. But, I mean, it was a mistake and he said that he's sorry. He won't do it again, I trust him.

Without another thought, I wrapped my arms tightly around his midsection and buried my face into his chest as he pulled me close to him.

"Thank you." I whispered. "For showing me that I don't know everything. And I'm sorry." I said as I pulled away from Adam and looked into his eyes. "That I'm not as pathetic as you think I am."

With that, I turned and started walking back to the house, hoping that Adam wouldn't follow me. Thankfully, he didn't.

When I got back to the house, I sat in the kitchen with Luke and Jack, continuing the awkward silence.

"You okay?" Luke finally asked. "You seem a little...."

"Pissed off." Jack finished for him.

"I'm fine." I said, putting my head in my hands, trying to ease the throbbing in my head. 

"Do you even remember any of last night?" Luke asked with a chuckle.

"As a matter of face, I do. I remember everything, actually." I defended. "Except for the walk back home."

"Oh. That would be when you told me that you two hooked up." Luke said, glaring at me.

"No. I remember that." I said nonchalantly. "But that's the last thing I remember." I turned my head so that I couldn't see either one of the guys.

"Well, you laughed, a lot." Luke said.

"And then that's it." Jack added quickly.

"Ariana said that you kept us on the beach and talked to us." I mumbled, my headache growing larger.