Chapter 14

<£££>

Chapter 14

Talia's POV

"Jordan please go."

"Why!? I wanna play, I just got out of the hospital little brother."

"Little by a few minutes." Now he's fucking twins with the guy?! I look over at Jordan. He scans me up and down. Please don't say anything, please don't say anything, please-

"Hey! Talia!" I bring my palm to my forehead.

"Oh my fucking god." Bryan turns to me.

"You know my brother?" I sigh, not too sure what to say.

"Yeah! We were at the nut house together."

"DUDE!" I yell at him. Jordan laughs loudly.

"Oh shit. I fucked up didn't I?" I'm beyond fed up with this kid! "I'll go inside and talk to dad." He walks to the house and stops beside me. "Sorry." I bite my tongue and he walks into the house. I turn to Bryan with a scared face.

"You were in a mental hospital?"

"It wasn't really a mental hospital, it was a normal hospital. I just happened to be in the Psych ward." Bryan exhales heavily. "I'm sorry okay? I didn't wanna tell you. It's not something I enjoy bringing up."

"Why were you there?" I bite my lip and look at my feet.

"Sucidetempt." I say quietly and quickly.

"What?"

"A suicide attempt okay?! I was a mess and I didn't know what to do, I have depression and the pills make me either sleep all day and night or they keep me hyped and awake for days on end, I was dealing with so much crap I didn't know what to do and I I just wanted out and it was the only thing that made sense." I say with one breath. I inhale as much as I can and relax.

"Suicide made sense?" I throw my hands in the air.

"I'm delusional ok? I was dealing with a lot and I just didn't want to deal with it anymore. I wanted it all to disappear and the only way to really do that was-" the next thing I know I'm being pulled into a kiss. Bryan pulls away from the kiss and sighs.

"Well, I wasn't planning to do that." I laugh lightly.

"Yeah plans change quite often."

"Okay smart ass." I laugh and he laughs shortly after. "Sorry if I crossed the line. You looked like you were about to run away so it was the only thing I could think of to make you stay." I stammer and clear my throat.

"Well my phone is here and my house is a long way so I kinda would have had to stay." Bryan laughs and shakes his head.

"See, literally crazy or not, that's the reason I asked you out and why I wanted to get with you in the first place. You're funny in a sarcastic and playful way. Not many people are like that. It kicks my ass in gear and is actually really attractive." He releases my hips and clears his throat, shoving his hands in his pockets. "You're different and actually a very difficult person, but it makes you a challenge. I don't wanna be with someone I can figure out in seconds. I want someone I have to get to know each day and even after fifty years, something new comes up and I learn yet another thing about them." I smile and nod.

"Wanna finish playing the game? I was just about to kill you for the 18th time."

"You have a fucking sniper!" I laugh and shake my head. We both walk back to the trampoline and continue playing, I guess it was a good thing that Jordan was here. I wouldn't have been able to tell Bryan otherwise, and now that I have, I don't feel a crushing weight of keeping that secret from him. It feel good, refreshing.