Chapter 29

Can anyone name the movie reference in this  part?

Delaney

The nerve of this man calling me princess thinking he can just walk up to me and everything be hunkydory after days of me thinking he was dead.

I start beating his chest as the built up anger and frustration comes to the surface after days of worry and panic.

"I thought you were dead I thought you died because of me or worse that you choose to leave me, that I wasn't good enough that you didn't.....love me." the last two words trail off into a whisper, unsure if i should  have said it but there is no going back now.

The air tenses all three guys stiff, un-moving, and  silent.

Taking strains of my hair and tucking them behind my head and then lovingly  wrapping them around the back of my neck, "Princess right now i need you to know i was an asshole for doing what i did but that  in no way had anything to do with you or how i feel about you or this relationship we have going on. A relationship between the four of us is something we've wanted. There is nothing i want more than to sit here and have this conversation but we have an unwanted pest that needs to be dealt with first."

He leans forward placing his lips against my forehead in a hard kiss. "Ride back with Sawyer so Wyatt and i can deal with the nuisance." He cringes as he pulls back to hand over his phone, "Also call your dad he has probably already had a heart attack by now from worrying somebody much."

Tears sting my eyes because of his sweetness.

Sawyer is quick to jump when he's called snatching me out of Devin's arms, spinning me around in a circle so that we both face his truck. Picking me bridal style he carries me to his truck and places me in the back of the cab. I laugh and scoot to the middle waiting till he gets in and closes his door.

"Home James and through the park." i burst into giggles unable to keep a  straight face which only get worse when Sawyer does  the lip thing and says, "uh-huh-huh".

After we calm down from that it's a quiet but relaxing drive home.